Thread: Slow Transfer between PC and Syvio X9

Slow Transfer between PC and Syvio X9

I have recently purchased a Syvio X9 media player and a Billion BiPAC 3011N wireless adapter.

The media player works great, the problem is the wireless transfer speed between PC and player. Upon transfer, I'm lucky if it reaches 2MB/s. The adapter, wireless card and router (DIR 655) all have support for Wireless N, but still not an acceptable transfer.

Anybody have any advice or know what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Slow Transfer between PC and Syvio X9

Are both PC and media player in the full coverage of the wireless network? Have you checked that the router is set to N standard and not on G? Try to use WPA2 TKIP/AES encryption, it has also helped in some cases. Also check that you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapter. Could start with this and see where it goes.

Thanks for your immediate feedback!

Now I have tried everything above, set to WPA2 AES encryption, updated drivers and firmware for router, wireless card and media player. Speed has been tried on the G and N + N transferred only to stabilize at around 1.20 MB/s.

The router displays the various devices that are connected, there is the PC with the signal at 80% and a speed of 220 Mbps, the player has only 50% and the rate from 25-40 Mbps.

Its worth to be mentioned that by cross-wiring between the PC and Syvio X9, the transfer reaches only 4-5 MB/s. Do I get quite frustrated with the behavior of the technical here!

I would think it is part of the problem then? With the 25-40 mbit / s you will achieve 3125-5MB / s theoretical. In the real world, this will always be a smaller number than the theoretical number.

Regarding cross cable, so I guess that one or both computers have 10/100Mbps network card, which equals 12.5 MB / s theoretical. This allows you to at least have in the real world.

Hmm, I was not ready about that. I had expected a different speed from it. No, when I return the adapter and put cable in the roof, it can not be bothered to wait for hours every time I transfer a .mkv file. Anyway, thanks for your help - cleared the problem.

Just remember that you will find much better antennas on a laptop than in a small USB adapter, and so it was probably not the best adapter to begin with it there. Cable in the roof is certainly the best solution! The reason you only get 4-5MB / s is that the little media player can not receive more; there is not a problem getting around 11MB / s over 100Mbit / s wired network!