Thread: Any way to reconnect VPNs if disconnected?

Any way to reconnect VPNs if disconnected?

I have a brand new Apple Mac OSX Leopard. And using virtual private network (VPN) for Internet from. The VPN going smooth but from few days facing a problem regarding VPN, it drops the connection frequently ,whenever I used the Internet at random issues. I have found any other way to reconnect it like the windows does. Any one can say. Is there any way to activate VPN as automatic reconnect when it disconnected?

Re: Any way to reconnect VPNs if disconnected?

I would suggest you to change the name of the VPN. Make sure that it is connected properly. I had an similar problem in my VPN connection. I am giving you the code, by that I solve my problem. This code will check that whether your VPN connected or not.
    tell application "Internet Connect"
    set myConnection to configuration "VPN (PPTP)"
    set VPNconnected to (get seconds connected of status of myConnection)
    if VPNconnected < 0 then
    -- connect to the VPN
    connect myConnection
    end if
    end tell
    Save this code as an application in the script editor and select “stay open”.

Recently switched from MAC to Windows XP. I had an issue which is relevant to this problem, and found this thread which is similar to my issue. Using an wifi connection from my office but my VPN drops connection. And does not reconnect automatically. It is really. Frustrating. What should I do, any way to overcome from this problem?

The following script really works for my Leopard. Try this one it will works for you to solve your issue:
    tell application "System Events"
    tell current location of network preferences
    set myConnection to the service "VPN (PPTP)"
    if current configuration of myConnection is not connected then
    connect myConnection
    end if
    end tell
    return 120
    end tell

Having similar issue in my windows. Connect my windows 2003 server RAS with VPN and the operating system is windows XP service pack 2. Whenever The service is going well, I can easily transfer files, connected to my exchange server. But the problem is the connection drops in every 1 minute, can’t understand why it happens. Any solution?

Would like to suggest you about your issue, make sure that all the patches for your VPN connection are applied correctly, it may cause for the problem that you are facing. If you found it properly then try the connection setup in another workstation like windows 2000 server or anything else also try for the other VPN connection from different router. If it still troubling then go for MS configuration for cleaning boot option. Also check for the Spyware.

I also have an VPN connection with Windows XP, which is my operating system, and it works fine with the XP firewall. The problem is when I tried to establish a VPN connection with an actve outpost, the VPN drops the connection. And if I disable outpost and then connect VPN then the outpost will re enable, and VPN doesn't drops the connection. I tried a lot to overcome from this problem, but fails every time. Any suggestion....

Hey Gavinovo, the issue that you are facing it may occur due to discarding fragmented IP packets in Outpost's Attack Detection plugin(which is needed for Internet key exchange), if you are using VPN connection with IP sec. This problem is sometimes occur for size of the X.509 certificates of the inter packet. The only solution for this problem is disable the attack detection.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever