Thread: Firefox "stopped" and pages won't load.

Firefox "stopped" and pages won't load.

Friends,
    I have a strange problem with my Firefox. It was running fine for few days but from few days when I try to access the any web page from Firefox it refuses to load the page and I can see a message Stopped message on the status bar. It is not happening to a single site. It is there for all the site. I I tried the same page with Internet Explorer then it is loaded without any problem.

Re: Firefox "stopped" and pages won't load.

You should try Safe mode. But you should remember that Safe Mode is a analytic tool. If you have one or more troubles go away when you run in Safe Mode which means that one or more of your extensions and selected themes may be causing the problem. To see the extension see Tools | Add ons | Extensions to see which you have installed and to see the themes see Tools | Add ons | Themes to see which you are using. The order of installed extensions may also causing the problem.

If you are having problem with the current version of the Firefox and not able to fix the issue then you can go for the previous version. Previous version of Firefox like 3.0.4 and 3.0.6 can solve your problem. Install these versions and see that the problem is solved or not. If it working and downloading the page properly then you can continue with this. I am sure that this will help you.

As you told your problem, I think you have problem with your themes. It may not be in sequence. My suggestion to you is Create a new profile which contains no themes. Work with that. I was also facing the same problem but I solved it in the same way as I told you. You can try it once and see whether it solves the problem or not.

I was also having the same issue but I tried every possible solution for it but unfortunately not even a single solution helped me. Finally I installed the latest version of Java. During the installation of java it crashed Firefox 3.0.8 but will installed successfully. Now it loads the page faster but it hangs when it download Optimized pages while loading images.

This problem popped up for me when I upgraded to Firefox 3.63. I tried many things but it does not help me. Finally I uninstalled FF 3.63, and installed 3.59. You can also download this from internet. In my case the problem went away with Firefox 3.59. It seems to only have an effect on Window users because for Mac users Firefox 3.63 working okay.

There may be some problem in the setting of the Firefox setting. That is why is not allowing the pages to load on your computer. You should go to the setting and search for such option. If you don’t find this option then you can set the settings to the default and it will solve the issue if it the problem with the settings. I was also having the same issue and I did the same and The issue solves for me.