Thread: Norton Ghost 15 Reconciling Volume stuck at 1% - Dual Boot System

Norton Ghost 15 Reconciling Volume stuck at 1% - Dual Boot System

I am facing a problem with my Norton Ghost 15 when it performing incremental backups on a dual boot system. The subject happens when I start incremental backups of the partition that is not having NG installed on it. My whole system details are for Disc 1: Partition C: Win 7 x64 & Norton Ghost 15 SP1; Partition D: Win 7 x64 and about Disc 2: Partition E: Data Drive & Norton Backup folder; I have NG installed on my part C partition. When I firstly created the first recovery point place everything works well. Incremental backups work well for “C” and “D” at first. And when I shutdown or reboot return into C incremental backups carry on to work well – both C: and D: partitions. And when I go and boot into my partition D partition and then reboot back into C: to do an incremental backup – the incremental of D: gets wedged at 1 percent. I do not have any particular defragment programs working like I have interpret about in other posts. Is there anybody knows about it?

Re: Norton Ghost 15 Reconciling Volume stuck at 1% - Dual Boot System

Actually I am little bit confused with you problems you said me here in your questioning. You just do some more test which I am going to tell you here. When you are booted into your second windows 7 operating system without Ghost, is it give C and D drive memo? You will require to have look in Disk Management to make sure. How u has installed your 2nd windows 7? I mean to say form Windows or from the boot DVD? You have System Reserved Partition?

First I want to say you thanks for replying on my question! When I start boot into my windows 7 OS my 2nd portion show me C and turn over the drive alphabet D: becomes C and C becomes D. I am questioning if this is puzzling Norton? All these windows 7 installed from grate from the Windows DVD on a clean device. The system showing me a 47mb OEM kept partition.Now I found that a simple solution will be to install NG on the 2nd partition and run it from there - but I favor to keep the2nd partition very spotless and devoted just for music production. I utilize it for my Digital Audio Workstation and keep the background processes to a smallest amount.
    Last edited by Misraji; 18-09-2010 at 01:44 AM.

I have some settings to solve your problem just do some process to change your conditions; Download BootIt NG. here you will get 1 month test usage. Now do unzip the folder and make a boot CD. Now double click on the makedisk.exe and go to next now just make dot in and accept the agreement and now also go to next, accept the Mouse dupport enabled setting and then go to next, accept the VESA video and then next, also make dot in portion Work (Don't put a dot in Normal), next and make one this do not choose any default Device Options and also registration string blank , next selct your CD burner drive letter and now disconnect and UBS harddisk if connected and also any flash drive. Now go and boot from the CD : the BootIt NG CD boots to the Work with Partitions window. Make the radio button selected of left side with partions window. I hope it will solve your portions problems

There in last thread good setting process to get over from these kinds of partition problems. I hope you have already made all these setting on your laptop. Now just does something more; like go and BOOT the ghost Window 7. From disk managements remove the D drive alphabet. Now win 7 Ghost you will not see windows 7 non –ghost. But Ghost will still observe Windows7 non-Ghost in its Hidden Drive option. Go in to the NON-GHOST and disk Management and get rid of the D: drive alphabet. Now problem will be solved. I hope you will be fine after making these settings.

I do not believe I could be much assist; I went out of my method to stay the operating systems from sharing a letter. I am having a solid time figure out what is altering, something must be varying when the system boots into or out of the non-ghost operating system. Do you have any thought what is changing Brian? Since Ghost can pictureize a partition with no a drive letter, I suppose it must recognize partitions by either disk signature or location? The registry entries for mounted devices on the two installs must each be showing the other as D and themselves as C? But since it works well until the system is booted into the non-ghost installation, it seems something must be changing at that point, something that Ghost is looking for. I like your suggestion about removing the drive letters; perhaps it only needs to be done for the non-ghost partition when it is D?

Thanks all of you for giving here to heal these problem bcz I was also getting frustration with this issue. I hide the drives, and start a new backup setup, but when I did boot into the non-Ghost partition and then went back - I faced the similar subject. I am not definite that what was booting into the other partition does but Ghost does not like it. I made installation Ghost on the 2nd Win 7 partition and tested backing up, rebooting, incremental backups, etc., and it appears to work well. There are an only some processes that work for Ghost - but these may not interfere with my DAW - I will have to look how it works. I am still looking for a solution to run this from the one partition - so I am open to any other ideas if anyone has any.Does Symantec montitor this site and respond or do I need to send a note to the support desk?