Thread: Is Norton Ghost 15 compatible with Windows 2008 Server

Is Norton Ghost 15 compatible with Windows 2008 Server

I have a simple problem, I have a ghost of a machine that runs on win server 2003 only, this is not possible to do with Norton Ghost 15 on windows server 2008? In case ghost works with vista it is useful to use the software RECOVERY to make a backup of vista? I wondered if my Norton Ghost 2003 (MSDOS Bootable CD only) would work under Vista, since it's still NTFS there's no worries. Any body know ? Please answer.

Re: Is Norton Ghost 15 compatible with Windows 2008 Server

Announcing we present Norton Save & Restore as an evolution to replace Ghost . In truth , although Norton Save & Restore resume the full duties of Ghost, it is positioned as a product -oriented consumer and Symantec assures us that Norton Ghost and Norton Save and Restore will coexist. Norton Save & Restore, which will be offered during May at the same price as Ghost 10 (ie 79.95 euros ), Symantec aims to democratize the backups . To achieve the software is enriched by a number of assistants and the ability to manage backups in addition to imaging disks.

I use Norton Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 ( I have the demo for now) for the capture of OS and deployment images created. I work under server 2008. I have a server 2003 configured with Norton Ghost Solution Suite ( jvais avoid saying Norton Ghost SS eh !) but the assistant who rose does not remember anything about how he set up the system boot in PXE. In fact , my server 2008 must be able to boot the machines PXE . I already have a DHCP server , TFTP, DNS mounted + active directory . I have the Deployment Service Windows is installed (but I disabled because it can not deploy windows 2003.

There is still a point that may alienate users with less sophisticated : to access the server , you must either enter the public IP address or the domain name associated if one exists. Remember that Microsoft should offer names like domain through his service Live. Finally , be aware that if the configuration of a router to allow remote access must be done manually for now , the procedure should be partially automated in the future. That point must always be checked since users to whom this product is intended certainly do not want to worry about configuring their router .

I speak here of a backup tool very powerful designed for the Dot - Net Framework from Microsoft ( Windows 7 , Vista Ultimate and Business, XP/SP2 and XP Media Center/SP2 ) which is able to store both the whole system , that our valuable data, this in separate images , which did not stop to keep separate files and folders in incremental mode , ie it has evolved and is now versatile.

I must admit that Ghost 15.0 does its job fairly quickly in an environment of friendliness not always clear. The controls are want intuitive and the logical flow , but a novice can get lost and feel the need to go to dive into the manual. I 've prepared a sequence annotated of screen shots to you show the installation and first use of the product. With the exception of the first two above, all my images are deployed full-scale if they tickle your mouse.