Thread: Unable to use the internet with two users in same router

Unable to use the internet with two users in same router

Hi,
    I am having very unusual problem i.e i am having my modem integrated with wireless router .I share this network with my brother.The connection works well when i am the only user to this router,but when my brother gets connected to the network.The internet disconnect on regular basis .I am having no idea why this thing is happening out.Is there any problem with my router ? Please help me in getting this problem solved.

Re: Unable to use the internet with two users in same router

I am providing you a solution which solved the problem using vista ,win7, and winxp in a network.Make a crossover LAN cable connection from the modem to router thus eliminating internet disconnection.I tested this on the three routers using the same method.It is working fine .Hope it also work for you when you try this out.

According to me it may be having problem with the router setting.If the router setting for the one computer is set to static and other one is not having the static one, then any one could be automatically removed out.You need to check whether you are having the static IP .If yes the n try to disable the setting.Your problem will be automatically solved and there will be no more problem of connection with the router.

Your reply provided me great help,So i thanks to all those who have given the reply.How can i check whether i have a static IP or not .I am having three desktops and i laptop connected to the internet using the modem.My laptop is having a wifi connection with the router.When my friend jumped into the connection then my wifi gets disconnected automatically.

This problem was faced by me for a long period ,then i founded the proper solution .I am providing you the solution which had worked for me.You need to install a switcher in between your router and your modem . Adding the switcher to the modem causes the modem to see the wireless router as another computer.It sounds different but it works.The switchers cost around Rs 800-1200 .I is a good one ,just try it out.