Thread: Reputation scan cannot connect to Symantec server

Reputation scan cannot connect to Symantec server

Recently I have upgraded the Norton internet Security 2011 and the problem is that I am not able to reputation scan. I think that this problem is occurring because I am not able to connect the server on the computer system that I am having. I am confident that my connection working perfectly, but then also I am not able to achieve the thing that I need. Any related help will be appreciated.

Re: Reputation scan cannot connect to Symantec server

I am also facing similar problem are you are facing; I am also searching for the solution related to this problem. If you got any update on this thing then let me know about that. By the way I just want to give precise information about my problem. Symantec.AntiVirus.Corporate.Edition.V10.0.2.2000 I install on my windows server 2003 and I have clients I want to install Windows XP Symantec.AntiVirus.Corporate.Edition.V10.0.2.2000 "customers".

I want to tell you that your configuration is not this one because the message that you receive just means that your server is configured as primary and therefore no client can connect to it. Here is the correct procedure: You must first install it first from your installation CD, the "Symantec System Center. Tick all the boxes except Alert Management System Console (you can check if you want alerts you arrive in your mailbox or on your pager). You can then access the console from Start> Programs> Symantec System Center. After Install Symantec System Center and after restarting your server, then you installed the antivirus server version on the same machine by following all the procedures and selecting a group, a user name and password. Then restart your machine. After this step we have declared our server as "Primary management server (primary server), otherwise no client can connect to it!

For solving the problem that you are facing you just need to follow these steps. If you have multiple servers, you can declare them "secondary management server" with the same procedure below.

Procedure:
    1. Make Start> Programs> Symantec System Center to launch the console.
    2. In the Symantec System Center in the left pane, expand (you click on the + sign) Symantec System Center and then point to System Hierarchy.
    3. Right click on System Hierarchy and you click on Unlock Server Group, then entered the credentials (username, password) that you had previous used when installing the server. Click OK.
    4. In the left pane and under the folder "Groups", points to the name of the server that contains the installation of antivirus (your server) and then right click on it and you click on the shortcut menu, on "Make server has primary server ".
    5. Click OK
    Finally! our server is said primary and all clients can now connect our server!

Please do not install this version on the mail server! you will lose data because the installation procedure is different! You want to install clients from the console "Symantec System Center (Tools Menu> RemoteClient), you must first disable on the client, the Windows firewall and the Internet! I therefore advise you to run the client version on the client and you connect to your server. Do not make you fret if you notice in the Symantec System Center a red button with a white cross in front of your server it's just that your server is not updated yet! It is time to run live update!

If you want to install Norton antivirus 10.1 client then you have to begins by first installing Symantec System Center and later Norton SERVER. Then you do start > Programs > System Center Symantec to launch the console. You configure your server as "Primary Server" closely. Once you got past this stage, you can install the client from the console!

Follow this procedure: From the console "Symantec System Center (Tools Menu> RemoteClient), you must first disable on the client, the Windows firewall and the Internet! Then you choose the position of your choice “OK” and the installation is triggered remotely. You must then go on the client to reboot failing to use real vnc to remotely reboot.

I install my antivirus server, then I want to install a remote client but when adding my client machine it ask me a login and password administrator, so I enter the login and password of admin and he said he does not recognize the username or password so it is good What happens there? And my firewall is disabled. I will be waiting for the related reply.