Thread: What is WS.Reputation.1?

What is WS.Reputation.1?

I am repeatedly receiving a caution that each .rar file has this in it. This file (Ws.Reputation.1) is quarantined each instance I right-click on top of a .rar file and select to examine it by Insight Network Scan. On the other hand, as soon as I run a filled system scan, Norton notices only cookies. It does not appear to choose up on top of the "infected" .rar files if not I right-click on them, and select Insight Network Scan. I am using Norton Antivirus 2010. Please let me identify what this is and how to obtain it to discontinue showing up on every .rar file that I have downloaded!

Re: What is WS.Reputation.1?

Firstly I have also faced the similar issue. But after lots of searching on the net I am able to get my solution. And then I have tried that now it is working fine. I just want to confirm here that you have told that your .rar file get quarantined so let me inform first that is your every rar file is quarantined? Please leave your reply then only I can help you regarding to this.

The .rar files are not quarantined except I right-click on top of them and desire to choose "Insight Network examine."When the observation is finished, I have told that I had a "WS.Reputation.1," which has been quarantined, in that way erasing the .rar files in query. Take place through ever .rar file I download to the desktop. Also scanned a small number of .rar files that were in the recycle bin, and for a few cause, those get quarantined too. Though, the .rar files I have accumulated in a folder on my desktop do not demonstrate up as having the "WS.Reputation.1."So essentially, all newly downloaded .rar files are quarantined if I right-click on them and desire to do a virus scan. It may also be significant to note that it's bountiful me a caution so as to "less than 10 users in the Norton group of people have used this file" for each .rar. I've experienced this on at smallest amount 10-15 .rar files from an assortment of sources, and the allegation that "less than 10 users have use them" now does not give the impression truthful to me. The .rars I am using is tradition contented designed for a computer sport I have, if that is helpful. I have downloaded plenty of them in the earlier period fruitfully, and now abruptly Norton wants to quarantine them if I scan them.

I believe there is a difficulty correct at the present concerning this which affects together 2010 and 2011-beta account. You could seem designed for the Community for it. You are able to do not anything right at this time apart from from not clicking on these files to carry out Insight Network.

I am currently using Norton Internet Security V 17.6.0.32 and then I getting the similar crap as on top of merely. And it is not just .rar files but other than a small number of files I download and right-click to make sure through Insight Network Scan. And a small number of .Jpg images. And I pulled off of a small number of random websites.

I have the similar difficulty not through rar files simply other than through each file so as to my IE8 generates! No stuff whether it's a download otherwise when I put aside a HTML sheet. I did a few easy tests on it.
    1. Immediately right tick on the desktop,
    2. Select latest file
    3. And choose latest text file.
    4. Rename the expansion from txt to htm.
    5. Now to make sure the file is fresh, let Norton examine it. It should be OK.
    6. Open that bare file through IE8 and keep it as basic html or htm file.
    7. Allow Norton scans it and it will criticize in relation to that bug and remove the file.

And it will solve your issue.

I think you try this it will also help you. Open the file through notepad and you will get not anything than a usual html header. As a result if this virus is actually there it must be in an interchange data stream concealed at the back the visible part of the file. At the present do the similar through another web browser. Nothing is to complain at this time. The similar goes for approximately any download.