Thread: Reloading Norton 360 after a hard drive crash

Reloading Norton 360 after a hard drive crash

My hard disk is crushed. I just purchased a second HDD to SATA 120GB . I did not even install, I intend to mount a RAID 0 combines both of my drives. I have two partitions, one system and storage.Do I need to format the first disk before installing the second and then mount the RAID? We could build a RAID at any time (it is a little fuzzy , I do not quite understand ...), but what I risk losing data ? So i want to reload the norton anti virus. Please suggest how to do it.

Re: Reloading Norton 360 after a hard drive crash

First, download the utility SymNRT . Next, perform the closing version of Norton Antivirus is running on your PC by right clicking on the icon of Norton Antivirus, then the word " Exit . "Once the utility downloaded , go to his execution by double clicking on it. Afterwards, just go to different steps for uninstalling by clicking each time on the words " Next . A stage will recommend that you click on the words " I Accept the License Agreement That appears, and during the next step, you must copy the inscriptions mentioned that appear and then pasted into the field that will be shown. The next step is to start analyzing the hard drive of your PC, then click the version of Norton that you want to uninstall and then click on the words " Finish.

Visit the Web page Order Status Symantec Store. Enter your order number and password to log in and get information about your order. If you do not know your order number and your password, you can find your order using your email address. In the area Order Summary , click Start download. If you purchased your product more than 60 days, you can click Buy Now to buy the Service Extended Download and download the product again. If you purchased your product there is more than a year, you can not download it. You can buy a new version of your product price by purchasing an upgrade. Go to page Upgrades and Renewals then choose your product and version to see the options upgrade.

For Norton no longer starts when Windows starts . Go to Start - > Run - > type "msconfig"Without the quotes. You are now in the System Configuration Utility . Select theStartup tab above. Look then uncheck the following lines ( if present ):

* ccApp "C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Symantec Shared \ ccApp.exe "
    * osCheck "C: \ Program Files \ Norton AntiVirus \ osCheck.exe "
    * UsrPrmpt
    * CfgWiz
    * Symantec NetDriverMonitor
    * Symantec Security Technologies
    * Symantec Shared Component
    * LiveUpdate Notice

Once these lines unchecked , click Apply then OK.

For a smooth installation of your Symantec product , there are basic steps. Follow the instructions in the document entitled "What to do before installing your Symantec product 2010 ". After reading this document, or if you have already read , go to the section " Uninstall any other antivirus program or firewall . Before installing Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall, you must uninstall all products sources of conflict. In most cases, you can either use the " Add / Remove " Programs in Control Panel. If you need additional assistance , see the program documentation or contact the manufacturer's technical support .

check the solution:
    1. Insert the CD into the CD - ROM.
    If the CD does not run automatically , see the section below titled " To start the installation from the CD of Norton Internet Security " , then repeat the steps in this section.
    2. In the Welcome screen , click "Install Norton Internet Security "or "Install Norton Personal Firewall " .
    If nothing happens when you click the button , see the document entitled " After clicking the Install Norton Internet Security , a cursor appears briefly and Norton Internet Security 2005 stops responding .
    3. In the window "Installation of Norton Internet Security " , click Next.
    4. Please read the conditions of the license agreement , then click " I accept the license agreement . " If you do not agree to the terms of the contract, you can not continue the installation.
    5. If the boxes for the insertion of the activation key are present , enter your product key to complete activation .
    6. Click " Next. "
    7. In the window of the analyzer pre - installed , click Start Scan to scan for viruses "on your computer before installing. If an infection is detected in an active program , it is possible that Norton AntiVirus is closed. Back up all your data before you begin.