Thread: Downloaded Norton 360 Premier V4 and the computer is not booting up

Downloaded Norton 360 Premier V4 and the computer is not booting up

Just before two days, I have downloaded the Norton 360 Premier V4 on two laptops and they were working with it. But suddenly something have gone wrong with both of these laptops. They are not turning on at all. There is only screen having esc=boot menu; F1=setup; F10= system recovery. Both of these laptop was having Windows XP.

Re: Downloaded Norton 360 Premier V4 and the computer is not booting up

I have seen many kind of problems with the Norton 2010 but i guess there is nothing wrong with this software which makes your computer system dead. I suggest you to check that what kind of error your laptops are showing when you boot them up. Actually there could be some problem with the system file of an operating system.

I guess your system is doing nothing wrong as you need to select an option from the screen which you have got on your windows xp laptop. I suggest you to press an ESC button which will show you the booting options then you will get an option as normal boot or safe boot etc etc. Here you should select for the Windows XP and then press enter.

Problem could be due to some kind of virus on your system, As if you have installed NIS 2010 then it is not necessary that your system is showing an issue because of the NIS 2010. I think you should try booting your system in the safe mode for which you have to press F8 key for several time when your laptop boots up. This will take you to the Windows Booting Options where you can select Safe Mode.

Once you have got into safe mode then i recommend you to uninstall the Norton 2010 program which you have installed and then reinstall it. Make note of any error which you get while installing it. If you did not got any error then it is well and good. But make sure that you have installed proper Windows XP version as if it not genuine then this kind of problem persists.