Thread: Systemworks 12 vs. Norton 360 vs. Norton Utilities 14 (Overlap & upgrade question)

Systemworks 12 vs. Norton 360 vs. Norton Utilities 14 (Overlap & upgrade question)

I was wondering what the dissimilarity was connecting Systemworks 12 and Norton 360. In addition, where does Norton Utilities 14 come in. There seems to be assortment of overlap connecting these two/three products. I have been using Norton Utilities for Windows since 1997. I immediately upgraded to Vista and Systemworks 2005 + Personal Firewall 2005 are not well-matched by means of Vista. (Plus at present I encompass to purchase brand full innovative versions in view of the fact that there seems to be no upgrade path from 2005 versions).

Re: Systemworks 12 vs. Norton 360 vs. Norton Utilities 14 (Overlap & upgrade question)

Anyways, I am not that paying attention into the sanctuary or antivirus products even though I would not be contrasting to having them. I am for the most part paying attention into utilities similar to WinDoctor, DiskDoctor, and Norton Defragmeter. I consideration Norton Utilities 14 integrated those, additional than on the explanation page there is no mention of them and from the screenshots I be able to merely observe some vague information in sequence on tools that fix registry. If fact, the merely product that seems to mention WinDoctor or DiskDoctor particularly is the Systemworks suite. They are not integrated in Norton 360. If so, how does Norton 360 take care of disk and registry tribulations. Similar query goes for Norton Utilities 14. No Win or Disk Doctor in NU 14 moreover.

Re: Systemworks 12 vs. Norton 360 vs. Norton Utilities 14 (Overlap & upgrade question)

The entire three products are entirely different. If you encompass used SystemWorks or older Norton Utilities versions or descriptions, and you similar to the various programs presented by these suites, then you be supposed to upgrade to Norton SystemWorks Basic. The fundamental edition does not comprise a virus fortification other than has WinDoctor, Disk Doctor and additional programs that you have previously used. The customary and premier editions together include Norton AntiVirus.

The Norton 360 is dissimilar make available complete internet fortification and a fundamental system maintenance mechanical cleanup by means of no alternative to modify settings, fundamental registry cleanup (by means of a single click), and mechanical defragmentation. Norton 360 is not customizable sufficient, unlike SystemWorks and Norton Utilities 14 is even additional dissimilar provides approximately the similar functions line SystemWorks Basic and older NU versions or descriptions, additional than uses totally different tools you be supposed to give it a try so you be able to observe the dissimilarity.

That pack has Systemworks fundamental + Internet sanctuary 2009. I have encompassed one query I do not observe "Registry Defragmenter" scheduled anywhere for several of the Systemworks versions or descriptions. On the other hand, “Registry Defragmenter" is listed as a characteristic beneath Norton Utilities. Does this indicate there is no "Registry Defragmenter" in Systemworks. Speed Disk is tranquil obtainable for Windows XP users. In Windows Vista you tranquil encompass an alternative to defragment additional than the procedure is dissimilar. It seems that Speed Disk is not installed for Vista.

The Norton Utilities 14.0 is totally dissimilar evaluated to the utilities in Norton SystemWorks 12.0/2008 or earlier versions or descriptions. Apart from a number of characteristics in common such as Cleanup and Registry Cleanup, rest of the characteristic is innovative in NU. Even the common characteristic work differently. You encompass many customization alternative for cleanup of temp such as your browsers, dissimilar settings for every browser, open file history of many applications containing Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player and many additional.

The most significant characteristic of Norton Utilities which I similar to the most is the Registry Defragmentation. It de-fragments your Windows registry consequence in faster presentation. It in addition make sure and repairs registry tribulations immediately similar to Windoctor in NSW. Another characteristic which is not there in utilities of NSW is the one stop launch alternative for Windows Management tools such as Disk Defragmenter, System Restore, Services mangement and many additional. You do not encompass to remember the commands or no necessitate to browse and search for the launch alternative for these management tools. Norton Utilities 14.0 in addition has the Passmark Performance test(which is there in NSW 12 as well) integrated. It’s a benchmarking convenience using which you are able to compare your system by means of dissimilar benchmarks.