Thread: Norton IPS 2.0 Extension on Firefox 3.6.3

Norton IPS 2.0 Extension on Firefox 3.6.3

I am running Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 and it has became mandatory for me to use Norton IPS 2.0 extension with this browser as i am not able to remove this add on from my browser. Actually i have removed it but it again comes back when i restart my computer. I have disabled it now but please help me to completely remove it from my system.

Re: Norton IPS 2.0 Extension on Firefox 3.6.3

I've also checked and can confirm it for the two Norton add ons. After rebooting they are active again. So what they should be, because in the settings is provided so that by default. I closes, the meaning behind why you want to uninstall, when there is for your own safety. If you look at such things as problems, then I ask myself involuntarily why you ever used Norton 360. This is supposed to offer full protection and finally doing it pretty well but then would perfect. Simpler program such as Norton Antivirus, etc. better, I guess. Now that the two add ons were not compatible with FF 3.6 for a short time, is another topic and one must actually do not really understand. But the work again, and yes you can be satisfied.

I have Norton 360 and Firefox V3 had 3.6.Bekannterweise Norton after the update to FF 3.6 Problems with IPS and the Toolbar. Now there was last week's patch and the products were compatible with each other again. Now have the following problem since when I start my PC, my disabled add-ons and disabled Norton Toolbar aktiviert.Ich although it can clear the stands but only until the next PC restart. So problem is I can disable my add-ons and Norton Toolbar / IPS no longer permanent. And since the patch. I also would like to know how to uninstall the toolbar and IPS?

You can uninstall the stuff when you no longer want them. This one goes in on Tools ---> Add Ons. Within this window you are now able to remove it, add ons, ie. not only to disable temporarily. However, a deactivation persist in the long term and not only keep until the next reboot. It seems to me that if your installation of Firefox is not anything wrong. I have no idea what can go wrong here at all, but it is possible after all.

Incompatible add-ons you can activate it with the way the add-on "Nightly Tester Tools" temporarily, then uninstall. The add-on can be directly ordered from Mozilla.org (ie Firefox). Why do you want the way to uninstall the toolbar and IPS, but also the take from a few worries when they work (and they do it now)? Anyway, is indeed your decision.

Start - Run ... and then type "% appdata% \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ snl0mxhi.default". Before even necessarily close the browser completely! There you will delete the files and extensions.cache extensions.rdf. When you restart it, all shaded addons are gone and the rest of the addons are still there (Note that disabled addons, are then activated again).