Thread: Norton Safe Web and Microsoft Office Live Website

Norton Safe Web and Microsoft Office Live Website

Hi
    I am using Microsoft Office Live for create my website. Problem is when ever tried to verify its status on Google search, it is gets back with a 'green tick'. Can anyone suggest me, “However I'm being told to paste my given authentication code into my website's root folder”. I have been already told that in the Microsoft Office Live Community, I cannot do this. If the Norton supports verification through a 'meta tag', then I can only paste that into the home page of my site. Is there any one on this way now or before? How can I get my website to be seen as 'safe' on a Google search results page?

Re: Norton Safe Web and Microsoft Office Live Website

Hello SaleemJI, as you explain about your issue in the post, I also had an issue. The verification site ownership as you mentioned, the”.html” code will be placed into the root folder. The Meta will not work in Google search result page for any purpose.About your issue I shall try to pay attention by an working with Safe Web for assistance.
    Last edited by Shen; 16-09-2010 at 08:48 PM.

I am very much interesting and familiar with Microsoft Office Live for build up my website. Can anyone tell me the sources? Would it be possible to upload the authentication which is provided by the owner file at a different location/format? The verification file is needed for in order to verify the owner. Is it possible to add the authentication code using a Meta tag?

There are two solutions, choose any one of them, it will works:
    1.If you have Meta tag, then copy it paste it into your Web site's home page, It will go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.
    <meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" content="dlq871sez57tr1o92duf-0wk0mnbe15c1us6lyxpsh1zaaked6stefminndinoduq0-p3jkh9rdie1ne4osqo4brmaqwn6mhf9j09b0ts4jbuby4dfd3xy4mms-peioj" />

2.To add the file into the root folder of your web site, create a folder with this name and content:
    File name: nortonsw_dce02460-110f-0.html
    File content: dlq871sez57tr1o92duf-0wk0mnbe15c1us6lyxpsh1zaaked6stefminndinoduq0-p3jkh9rdie1ne4osqo4brmaqwn6mhf9j09b0ts4jbuby4dfd3xy4mms-peioj

Thank you very much for the replies, the solutions are really works. I follow these and then Log on to Norton Safe Web, click to my profile to open my profile page. Then click to site dispute and under "Actions column", click on the Ownership verify site and add the above mentioned Meta tag. If any one having the same issue then solve it with this solution.
    Last edited by SaleemJI; 16-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.