Thread: Unable to verify ownership Norton Safe Web

Unable to verify ownership Norton Safe Web

I have downloaded the verification file directly from the Norton Safe Web page. which I have added to my websites root and also added meta with it key to the sites home page. But that verification file failed to verify. As I have the verification in its root so why it is failed to verify? any suggestion to this problem.

Re: Unable to verify ownership Norton Safe Web

As you are having trouble with the verification file which you have downloaded. I think you should to these things to get the solution. They are as follows:
    • Try to avoid any conflict if there.
    • After this remove the Norton safe web verification file from the root of your website.
    • Check out for the Meta tag there may be some error which is if corrected should solve the problem.

This problem may be due to some error in the Meta tag of your website. They may be like this:
    1. Meta tag contains a number of capital letters which may be not properly named.
    2. If you have the name as nortonsw changes it to norton-safeweb-site-verification.
    3. Remove all the capital letters from the tag.
    4. After this correction verify again. I think this time you will be able to do the verification.

I have done all the correction which you all have told to do. Removed the file from the root of the website. Also edited the Meta tag as you have directed. But not getting the verification it still fails. I have also tried this to all my websites. But it fails in all. Any other suggestion.

I think there is problem in your downloaded HTML file. Try to download the new file as directed below:
    • Log in to the site and go to the site dispute in my profile and click on add site.
    • Click OK after entering in sites full URL.
    • Now download the verify file.
    I think this will be helpful to you.

I think you need to take the help of the Norton's support team. I suggest you to send a request that you are unable to upload the verification file into the root of your website directory. And also you are unable to use the meta tag verification from the downloaded file. try contacting them they will surely help you.