Thread: No connection to the router with Windows 7

No connection to the router with Windows 7

Last night I installed the updated Windows 7 via Vista (64 bit version). Unfortunately I get no internet connection now down more. The router detects the PC and not from the PC I can not access the router. I am using the WGR614v6, and before I was able to use it flawlessly. I am not able to detect the exact problem. Please give me some solutions for no connection to the router with Windows 7!! Any help would be really grateful.

Re: No connection to the router with Windows 7

I would like to ask you few questions.
    • How did you know that your router to your PC does not recognize?
    • Ran the connection with Vista properly?
    • Have you checked that the correct drivers installed for your network card?
    • Are you missing drivers in Device Manager?

I think that anyone will tell you all these things, so better you test and then reply.

Interesting. With Windows 7 RC1 I had the same problem. Once I had the Netgear router in the network, I was not on the Internet. Also not on the Netgear. As soon as I removed the Netgear, everything worked just fine. In my case the Netgear router only acts as a switch and is connected to a D-LINK. Now, with the final version of Windows 7, I no longer have these problems. Assume you have the final version?

OK, I hope someone here still looks purely because of the problem, I have just about the same problem, only a little more difficult, so I am in abroad, Belgium and in my hotel, I have to use the WLAN and LAN possibility until last no problem all week, since last two days is just always the announcement of the limited access, connection to the router by outstanding, no internet. I did Windows 7 on it and everything tasted like old driver enabled, ip address pointed to uninstall firewall nothing has helped, now I have vista installer same problem, have a direct link on the router has not helped the PC from the hotel has no problems with the internet.

The "LAN connection" that is created by the Web'n'Walk Stick gets when you connect to "" number, IP and DNS assigned. My problem is that Windows 7, it does not see, then through this connection on the Internet access. The Network Center is in the connection also "Identifying ..." and "No Internet Access".