Thread: Palm WiFi Card & PowerSDHC

Palm WiFi Card & PowerSDHC

When I installed the PowerSDHC, my Palm Tungsten E2, can not recognize the Palm Wi-Fi card. The card has no problem in working when I uninstalled the PowerSDHC. Actually I wanted to use WiFi but not on regular basis, and be able to read large SDHC cards. I am not sure but I think that behind this there is a compatibility issue. Has anyone else ever tried this thing before? Please let me know what can be done here to overcome this.

Re: Palm WiFi Card & PowerSDHC

I had read an article and it said some thing like " ... the current drivers do not support SDIO, and if at all the WiFi card is to be used then, the driver needs to be deleted and a soft reset is also required." So I think that the PowerSDHC driver and the Wi-Fi Card SDIO driver can not go hand-in-hand. So, I probably guess that you will have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers whenever it is required.

So, by saying this you mean that I will have to remove the SDHC card and turn back to the my old non-SDHC 4gb SD card. I have also came up with reading an article that says the support for the SDIO support may be coming soon. I can not accept this as the solution what you have said. OK, please tell me if I can get E2 to read FAT32 without PowerSDHC. I have already tried this but was unsuccessful. I think temporarily removing the driver might be a simple one to do, when the Wi-Fi card is in use, the slot is unavailable for an SD card, could this help. Thanks.

This is with reference to the previous post of yours. You can go for the CleanStart. This will prevent PowerSDHC from loading at Startup. I was however not able to test it with the WiFi card or any other SDIO card, but it did work for SD cards. When you will be starting with this CleanStart, first uncheck PowerSDHC, then reset the Palm. Now when it restarts this time it will not read SDHC cards. Now at this moment the TX won't chime when the SDHC card will be inserted. The TX will read and write to the SD card, so presumably PowerSDHC will be unloaded and instead the default SD driver will be up and run normally. Now after this to restore PowerSDHC, launch CleanStart, check PowerSDHC, then reset the Palm. Do post if this runs into your favor.