Thread: Seeking adsl router with modem

Seeking adsl router with modem

I would like to take my parents at home to replace the existing network through a wireless LAN. I have planned for this, and now I need a wireless router with modem. In principle to about 4 laptops and a wlan drucker can communicate with it. What equipment would you recommend? I think that I have discussed the problem properly. Also can someone tell me what exactly is a printserver?? Please provide some solutions as soon as possible.

Re: Seeking adsl router with modem

When all is enough to go into the net via a wireless router with a wireless modem. If anywhere there is a good connection depends on the structural conditions and the locations of the wireless receiver from. The minimum requirements (because most fortunate) would be for example a speed port w501v has only one lan port (cable connection). If you want to have higher speeds, you need a wireless Draft N router to take. But this brings only what if the computer have also used about.

A printer server, print server or print server takes in a computer network print jobs and forward them to meet printer or plotter on. Print servers are often used as stand-alone devices or dedicated server realized. Colloquially means including both the server software , as well as the host on which it runs. I think that this much information is enough for you to know about the Printer Server.

Printer servers are used to do the following jobs :
    • Printer without a network interface over the network to make available to
    • Network printers to centrally manage
    • the pooling centralize
    • Printer pools to form
    • Device drivers to distribute

The ancestral pressure system after the client-server model is the Berkeley Printing System (including LPD / LPR). It was for Unix development, but also in Windows NT (and later implemented). have been developed for the Windows Server Message Block (SMB) -based file and print services. They are by Samba on Unix also available. More Print Servers techniques and protocols for print servers are NetWare NCP based on IPX / SPX TCP / IP based, or, NetBIOS / NetBEUI on the "NetBIOS Frames Protocol", RAW on TCP port 9100 as the AppleTalk protocol or the AppleShare IP Print Server Security Protocol.

Widely used as an adapter for USB - IEEE-1284 or EIA-232 interfaces of printers in a print server is integrated. Such devices have a rudimentary operating system and usually through a Web interface to its management. They are used in order to provide printers with a network interface. They come in different versions:
    • for attachment to an IEEE-1284 interface, or as a desktop unit
    • for one or more printers
    • with or without 802.1X authentication
    • for RJ connectors or Wireless Local Area Networks