Thread: Windows 7 computer does not receive DHCP IP address in wireless network

Windows 7 computer does not receive DHCP IP address in wireless network

I have a laptop that connects not with a hot tub. So far, it has always worked on the configuration of the router was not changed, and in other computers (same settings) it is also. The tray is only sees the connection icon with the yellow triangle and "no internet access." My guess: means the laptop has no DHCP address, type ipconfig always spits out an IP address as 169.254.XXX. ie: Windows 7 assigns itself an address. Why is this so suddenly, I have never faced such issues. A workaround with static IP address works, but no solution, because other wireless would be used. Reconfigure router makes no sense in my eyes because it goes with the other computers. Have played around for ages to the settings, router reset, delete old messages WiFi in regedit, nothing will help. Why is this and how can I fix it? I think that I have explained enough for you people to understand. So please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Windows 7 computer does not receive DHCP IP address in wireless network

You say that the notebook should run on other wireless networks and therefore are on DHCP. Does it run on other wireless networks because at the moment, or it gets the only 169er that a wireless router? I would not make any other tips as Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager, uninstall, reinstall restart - and hope.

Whether I get the 169er IP only on this router I can not test right now. I have reinstalled the wireless adapter + installed new drivers, however, has not helped, as I suspected, because even when connected to LAN is experiencing the same problem. I have the feeling that the computer not at all trying to reach only the router, because the address is assigned 169er very quickly, shortly after I made the connection. Router firmware update has also helped nix. I will on occasion even try to test it on other routers, but I believe that there will occur the same problem. Presumably it is up to Windows. Only what can that be?

Have you changed something on the Windows 7 firewall? The Windows service "DHCP Client" runs? (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services). Look a look in the Windows Event Viewer. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer, and since the Protocol Applications and Services Logs> Microsoft> Windows> DHCP client> Microsoft-Windows-DHCP client events / [computer name]. Are there any error messages? If yes, provide that for further assistance.

Sometimes it happens that Windows 7 to get on the first attempt by a DHCP IP address will be delayed and then maps the 169er address. This is Stupid: Windows 7 stores under the MAC address of the router in the Registry:
    HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings \ WPAD
    And for a while Windows 7 will attempt no more of this router with the MAC address of an IP address to get. But you can delete the registry branch WPAD. After a reboot, Windows should try 7 then again from this router via DHCP to obtain an IP address.