Thread: Linksys Router drops internet constantly

Linksys Router drops internet constantly

Hello,
    linksys wrt120N is the router which is used by me, i have the problem while using it since the internet connection gets dropped constantly. For the solution i have bought a new router but it is unable to solve my problem,since even the up gradation of my router firmware is done but it is in vain. so please any one try to suggest me regarding this.

Re: Linksys Router drops internet constantly

It is the router which is not the actual problem due to which the connection gets dropped, it might be the modem which is having the problem or the weak signals which pass through the modem from your ISP.You can try it out by using the hub between the router and the modem.The hub can make a difference for you, you can even be able to find the actual problem is within the router or the modem.
    Last edited by Glenny; 02-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.

I have been constantly trying it out for the connection by making use of the cable to directly connect the modem to the PC, while making this use the internet is not dropped, so i feel that modem or the signal is not the issue.If router and the modem is not the actual problem then just suggest me if there is any other solution.
    Last edited by Parvati; 02-09-2010 at 06:17 PM.

You can definitely try it out seeing the routers MAC address and try to have the re-provision of the cable modem, you can even verify the patch cables which you are using,it can be the one of the solutions for you.If you still have the same problem then you can try it out with a new router even then the problem lasts then you just reset the router button.

I have the same problem of connection dropping,so i just tried to do the changes in my wireless security settings WPA1 TO WPA2,this was the better solution which led to solve my problem of disconnection,this has led to only 50% of the loss in my downloading speed and led to some problems in my technical supports,please try some more solutions so that i can overcome the problem of downloading.