Thread: Sharing files and printer

Sharing files and printer

I am new to this forum, so please ignore my mistakes. I want to know about the sharing files and printer. I have heard that there are many problems while sharing the files and the printers. I have heard from my friend, that you members help properly with good information. So please provide some information that can be useful for the topic. I hope that I have mentioned all my requirements properly.

Re: Sharing files and printer

The following are the prerequisites for sharing files and printer :
    • Have at least 2 computers
    • The two computers must be in network ( crossover cable , switch , wireless terminal ...) on the same range (subnet) IP
      • Note: you can share files on machines in different networks if they are connected by one or more routers , eg VPN .
      • You should know if you're working group (Workgroup) or a Domain

I would like to discuss about the right of access to the resource. First you should be sure that to access a resource on another computer, you must have access rights. These access rights are defined when you try to connect to the resource (and therefore to the other computer). Generally a pair username / password is required. According to this couple, access rights are generated, allowing you (or not) to open a file, modify it, to create or delete, access to the printer (or not). Until you have no right of access, the remote computer will continue to ask for a password to each login attempt to the resource.

Consider two PC ordi1 and ordi2.
    • ordi1 belongs to Serge has a password "hammer" that would access the ordi2 of Mary whose password "table".
    • They are connected by a crossover cable and ping works. Despite this, Serge still can not print to the printer Marie.
    • When Serge wants to print on Ordi2, he must between logins that ordi2 knows. If he continues to put Serge and "hammer" as on his own PC, it never connects. Because the user does not exist on Ordi2 Serge. If he tries Serge and "table" (the password of Mary) it will not work either because Serge is still not Ordi2.
    • He must give information ordi2 knows. When it connects to the resource it can provide the ordi2 Mary AND "table" and will have access rights.
    I think that this example might have helped you to understand you the basic things.

The main thing that you should know about the permissions. I think that explaining you about the same example given by the 'Jarvis', would be useful. Serge sees the shared folder on another computer Marie, but Marie does not want Serge to do anything! She just wants it to see its files, it can not delete or add silly things tidy in his file. To protect Mary can use two tools, the share permissions or NTFS permissions.

Share permissions are the permissions that will apply to users accessing files via the network. They are available in the sharing tab of the folder properties, click on the Authorization button. You can give users of the station from which you share files, the right to access their files via the network or read only (can see the contents of the folder, open the docs and copy them at home) or read / write (can edit the files / folders and create more play), is in total control (administration of files in addition to rights to read and write). The sharing rights are different rights to the file. You may well have a backrest you full access to the local post and share it for read-only network. (This is the law more restrictive will apply). You do what you want in, but users accessing it via the network can only see / read what's inside.