Thread: How to connect two laptops using LAN cable

How to connect two laptops using LAN cable

I and my friend just bought two new Laptop last month with the Windows Vista in it. Now we want to connect the both laptops together to play a different set of games which can be played by two users simultaneously. The connection has to be done by using LAN cables, how can i made the connection and is there is a requirement to get installed any other application or software to support it. please reply with an answer, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: How to connect two laptops using LAN cable

If you want to connect Directly without any other device to the other laptop then you have to buy a network crossover cable. After connecting the cable just right click on "My Computer">properties >Computer Name Tab and then see what is written in the Work group. Change one Computer name by clicking on change and then type in the name of the other computer in the Work group space down the bottom, but do not make the computer as a part of the domain. after that reboot your computer, we need to set the IP addresses of both the computer. Then go in the Control Panel >Network Settings>Right click on Local Area Connections and select Properties. then you will get a Message as "This connection uses the following items, Find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", don't tick it just highlight it and in properties enter the IP addresses as IP Address 192.168.0.10, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway Leave Blank. On second computer make the IP address as IP Address 192.168.0.20 and your problem will be solved.

This is very easy job to connect the two laptop in the network by using the LAN cables, after two laptops connected properly in the LAN ports. You first Check the LAN drivers are installed properly or not, if not then install then from the CD driver that you get at the time of the purchase. Make the IP address of the first laptop as 192.168.100.2 and Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.0 Similarly chance the IP address of the second machine as 192.168.100.3 and Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.0 and then run your application and games it will work for sure.

You can connect your both laptops by Using an Ethernet cable that you can purchase from the market. After that you need to install the LAN drivers in both the Laptops and after that you have to reboot the system. As you have started the system then make changes in the IP addresses and make sure that both the addresses are not same. As you have mentioned that you are using a Windows operating system then it will directly update the IP Addresses when you once connect to the internet.

I have tried every steps that where provided by you to connect the Laptop by using the LAN cables, but i am unable to connect the other Laptop and use it's services. I have made all the wire connection and also the settings but it doesn't show any connection in the setting of control Panel. I also have the Wi-fi and the bluetooth feature on the laptop should i go with it to make the connection please reply.

As you have mentioned that you are not able to connect the two Laptop by using the the cables and also you have the bluetooth and wi-fi features available on the laptop. then you can go for the wireless connection by using any one of the mentioned method. These will definitely solve your problem, this can be done by going in the control panel and making the chances.

Thank you friend I finally got the solution by using the wireless connection to my Laptops. The laptops are connected by using the wi-fi connection and they really worked for me and now I am able to enjoy all my games with my friends on the laptops, I am very grateful to you and any further suggestions will be appreciated.