Thread: Worst AV ever!?

Worst AV ever!?

I am suffering with the issues of NORTON AV. I don't like that ! its awful! It didn't recognize five viruses (trojans commonly ) which Sophos found ! Not to mention provides the error messages whenever Windows xp got boots. It was a months before and currently I know that how bad it is ill never work or suggest it ever again. It seems to be one of the most widely installed AV. just terrible

Re: Worst AV ever!?

I am also running with the installation of Norton Antivirus 2004 and it was fine to go until I lent the same to my step-dad and he lost the thing with the key on ... I don't really work with the Anti virus software after all . I had AVG on much before , but it continuously blowing the virus related alerts for viruses which did not actually exist, so I performed the uninstallation of the same .

I wanted to complain on the same very worst Antivirus .

1. There is no support for the free clients (considered two times, why would I purchase a software, when I am unable to get a help before purchasing the same?)

2. It always bug with the QKBFILTR.SYS as a keylogger, and when I remove the same, my keyboard was not functioning ...

3. It displays down the computer startup by one minute or even more.

4. Makes me actually frustrated

Anyone who could support with this very problem , please?

Yes, I would says that it is definitely a worst Anti-virus software . I would not state that it is fine to go through the unheard of company, in the case of the Anti-virus softwares. I would go for the AVG antivirus , According to me, they are running with the free version.

That is all I work for the virus security, it was suggested to me years and years before and I work with this on more than one machine.

js_pcrepair Guest

Personally, my opinions of Norton and McAfee are:

They are both garbage and are NOT worth the price they charge...
    I wouldn't give either of them $2 for their software.

I have tried them both and they are Horrible! and like to do things their own way with little control by the end-user.

I have heard people who are satisfied with the Norton 360 but I guess they just haven't had to deal with any complex issues with it -- yet.

No Thank You Symentec!
    And now with Intel entering in an agreement to acquire McAfee, who knows what that will bring.