Thread: Hotmail Virus?

Hotmail Virus?

My wife has created a account on the hotmail and sent 3 emails to her all of the contact list in her hotmail account. The contents of the email was about the product dealing and advertising and referenced as :

our website : <http://www..com>
    MSN : x@hotmail.com
    E-mail : xhotmail.com
    Welcome to x.com! MSN: x@hotmail.com

I replaced the address as the x. There is no nedd to provide them more traffic. Any suggestion ,how it could happen ? What's the procedure for the Hotmail account be compromised? I find the same very hard to be sure that they hacked her password.

Re: Hotmail Virus?

One of my friend is working in the office, that launched the instant messengers, and she was saying me just the next day that they had a similar movement happen there also. It spread through out the whole office though. The IT guys recruited there narrowed this down to a IM program via, so according to me, you need to check that out . He did suggested that it was a trojan, so you need to run some virus/Adware scans also..

I have attached the copy of the log file. Also, one thing I wanted to mention here . The same thing happened the day after I performed the reinstallation of Windows XP fresh on her laptop. I finished the installation of Windows XP, drivers, and the entire service packs. The only websites moved during this were microsoft and lenovo.

I moved to bed the night before and the other day she complained me about the same . It was then I seems that I had not finished the installation of Anti-virus software yet. When I got home I done the same and scanned and did not find anything.Please take a look at the attachment ..

I am unable to get anything which would cause the same. There are some of the unknown things available . Are you working with the Airset?

The IP address doesn't display up as the Phish site. At least not yet. The site is constructed from the China and information is lacking. Commonly, they will work with a proxy so it does not say much. That indicates the absolute IP address is masked even the when the E-Mail headers are sorted out.

This could be that the user received the information. From different E-Mail that was dispatched and opened, there by allowing some type of virus which was scanned the contacts list within the E-Mail account.

I would set the passwords again and configure the setting within the account to not download the entire content when getting the E-Mail. I use an E-mail client known as Thunderbird and have phish security installed via the use of addons. In web dependent E-Mail I work with the FireFox with an addon on known NoScript.

Fine , we work with the airset. I don't think that it was a phishing scam. She looks fine about that but I don't have any idea . I had her change her password and it seems so strong (it was strong before).

And it only happened only one time . She received an email the next day from one of the friend. Seems as it happened to her friend also. She also running with the Hotmail account.