Thread: Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded

Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded

I moved to download the latest version of the iTunes when for my iPod, and it occurred the error message as " Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded" . The only other time I can consider of the same generating when I used to play the MSN Games. I have also searched for the same but unable to find any appropriate solution for this other than lowering the privacy settings. However, my entire configuration are as a default, and nothing is configured with the High. Any suggestion would be appreciated ?

Re: Your Current Security Settings Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded

May be you have added the same site into your Internet Options=> Security=> Restricted Sites for some causes ? There is one another was talking about the same and suggested in this way : Can't go false with the Firefox browser ...Internet Exploder is a Lame Duck...You only require it if your go for the manual windows update....

It doesn't indicate to attack you in any method , but do you know it seems so weired and it is constantly see this entered as a resolve for someones queries ?

I got your suggestion properly and tried to check out my entire site again and finally, I have checked the configuration configured for the restricted sites and find that Apple was not tagged at that place . I even added the same to "Trusted Sites" and it still not working at all. I would rather stick with internet explorer than downloading of any latest one programs. I moved through the manual updation .

I was running with the similar issue , there is no settings within the "options - security" and it assumes as to do anything better. After a lot of search regarding this , and there is nothing going fixes, I have tried to save the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\Zones" to a .reg file while logged in as the user with working configurations. I then logged on as my self, changed the name as "Zones" to "Zones_err", and imported the .reg file. The entire thing seems to be functioning well now. Both saving and opening the files running with the Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express.

Can you describe the same thing is the clear way what you did exactly because I am still baffled at the same issue . If I could be able to download the Firefox I would but internet is not allowing me to perform the downoading of anything because of the security configuration with the , which I can't lower past medium.

Click on the Start menu => log off => switch user
    Log on to a user profile with working configuring as (a user that can download) I moved with different user account (login) on the same system that is suggested but it may go with the working user account from different computer system, with the same windows version).

Start regedit, navigate to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\Zones"
    Click on the "file" specified => "export", select e filename for instance "working security settings.reg", and save this .
    Come back to your user, with the worst security configurations and then after open up the regedit.
    Open up the same key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\Zones", and change (or remove) zones, to sometheng else,for instance ...zones_err. (Exporting the worst zones directory to a "bad security settings.reg" may be a fine thing to do, in case of errors at the time of operations)

To resolve this very problem , you have to go through the suggestions described below.

1. Just open up the Internet Explorer.
    2. From the selected Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
    3. Choose to go with the Advanced tab.
    4. Click onto the Reset… button. It will reconfigure the Internet Explorer settings with the default.
    5. Exit from the Internet Explorer.
    6. Again launch the Internet Explorer and try to perform the downloading .