Thread: LAN trouble

Exclamation LAN trouble

Hi all,
    I recently got a new BIOSTAR G31D-M7 motherboard.On running the driver cd on autoplay found that it was not detecting LAN.

Explored the cd and found the driver folder which had the LAN driver and installed it manually. Was then connecting successfully to the internet.

But if the machine is restarted connection to the internet cannot be made again.The system has to be restored for connecting to internet. Pls Help

Re: LAN trouble

I want you to check the internet settings on your system and see whether they are properly done or now. And then see whether you are getting anything fishy in the same and if found then I want you to recover the same. I hope that you will surely able to solve the issue. And also try and check whether the LAN card that you are using is doing well on the same or not. I hope that you are getting my point.

There is way to check whether your lan is responding or not. For that you have to ping and check 127.1.1.1. Click on Start> Run and then type cmd. In the dos window type ping 127.1.1.1. This is an default ip for the lan card. If this does not responds then you might need help for an usb modem or an other lan card support to configure internet over the same then only you can get your internet work over the same.

idea Re: LAN trouble

Quote Originally Posted by sinhario View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently got a new BIOSTAR G31D-M7 motherboard.On running the driver cd on autoplay found that it was not detecting LAN.

Explored the cd and found the driver folder which had the LAN driver and installed it manually. Was then connecting successfully to the internet.

But if the machine is restarted connection to the internet cannot be made again.The system has to be restored for connecting to internet. Pls Help
    Hi go to the Lan adapter and configure it for 10 mbps full duplex

just do the driver update once you are connected to the internet.then restart cmputer.