Thread: Please help trying to get my ethernet port to output internet

Please help trying to get my ethernet port to output internet

I am trying to get the xbox live from the wireless connection onto the laptop of mine (Working with the ethernet cord from my laptop to my xbox) . I have used to go through the bridge method with this and with a hub but still I am not getting anything .

It is just as my xbox nor my hub will detect there is even a cord connected in ? If I move to my network connections for some causes then I heard your ethernet port should display up the same but mine has not. Suggest me what I need to do.

Re: Please help trying to get my ethernet port to output internet

Actually, I am unable to got the exactly your issues and what you need to configure out .... From what I collected, you required to launch the xbox 360 online through the laptop of your's .....

Does your laptop display the information to you that there is a connection between this and the xbox ?Would you tell me, what cable, you are working with currently ? (Also will add this does not be feasible for every laptop).

What you are trying to do is to complex and highly based on the type of Ethernet controller of your laptop contains within this . Rather then move from your laptop to your xbox, why not just go with the Ethernet cable in the direct way to your router, or you need to go for purchasing the wireless Ethernet adapter for the xbox in this situation ?

Thank you very much for the replies and suggestions and I am sorry to come here late ..Actually, my laptop does not display the connection details between my xbox and when I try and do the same from the hub then it does not display that ethier. I am working with an ethernet cord as a small yellow one which is near about six feet long.

Yeah !! All I am trying to do is to access the internet connection on my xbox through the laptop of mine . I don't have appropriate amount to purchase some other new wireless router. Any more suggestions ..
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

So you are running with your laptop between your hub and your xbox? Your post is just type of confusing

Disconnect your xbox from the laptop and find out the status if you are able to still get wireless onto the internet. I have used the same before but it seems not working for me, my 360 ended up overriding my laptop dedicated IP so my system could not tell that I needed to connect in the wireless manner.

Got the same question as me and I think that it is silly but it would be fine to be capable to perform as , it moves as followed. I recently moved out, internet has not yet been configured up at my destination but I am able to get the internet on my laptop via the connection with my phone and wireless g or n based on what the GB capacity, I needed to run .Is it at all possible that I can move ahead to play the xbl with the help of an Ethernet cord which runs from my mac laptop thus working with the internet and I received the wirelessly* from there?