Thread: VPN and network drive in Windows 7

VPN and network drive in Windows 7

I'm on Windows 7 and I created a VPN connection inbound + shared partition. I'm visiting a friend with his pc I get no problem to connect to the VPN but when I want to connect to the network drive, it stays locked for a moment on "Trying to connect ..." then it failed. Please help me as early as possible. I am expecting some quick responses that can be useful from your side.

Re: VPN and network drive in Windows 7

You have not provided enough information. What type of VPN that you are using? Also tell how you routed or bridged? How committed are the names of the machines providing the network drive? Is it possible to ping the machine name with this division? Its IP address? I think that it is possible for us (as well as others) to provide solution if you give all the details of above mentioned things.

What type of VPN that you are using? Also tell how you routed or bridged? How committed are the names of the machines providing the network drive? Is it possible to ping the machine name with this division? Its IP address?
    How much is routed or bridged? I am not an expert in this field. To connect to the network drive on the pc of my friend, I type: \ \ 192.168.1.50 \ C. I would try to ping when I go back. I forgot to mention that with the PC connected to my brother on the same pc that my livebox VPN, I connect to a network drive without problem.

How you set the VPN link? The IP address of the VPN interface gets an IP it 192.168.1.x type? Once the VPN connection established, can you give us the state of the routing table :
    route print

I am providing some information.
    PC1 = my pc with vpn incoming activated Windows 7.
    PC2 = pc of a friend Windows Vista.
    Yesterday I was on PC2 and I connect to the VPN (PC1) I use my no-ip address. Also I am able to ping.

To contact your PC through the VPN link is the IP address of the VPN server to be used. From the PC to your friend, 192.168.1.50 is a machine of its local network. If you run :
    ping 169.254.147.x
    (Replace x with the last byte of the address VPN). You get a response?
    nbtstat-A 169.254.147.x
    APIPA addresses provided should be able to make the case but ideally a DHCP server on the VPN server is not luxury.