Thread: PPTP VPN Configuration

PPTP VPN Configuration

I had managed to open a pptp vpn connection, but I could not use it ( I do not see the server , nor the rest of the network). I have an error in the first 800 then 768 then 721 and error when the errors are gone , I do not see my server. I do not know if this little play a role, but I have a firewall on the modem active, Windows firewall on the active server. Please suggest me for PPTP VPN Configuration. Please help.

Re: PPTP VPN Configuration

A system must be able to VPN implement the following features :
    # User Authentication . Only authorized users must be able to identify the virtual network. Of Moreover, a history of connections and activities on the network must be retained.
    # Address Management . Each customer on the network must have a private address. This address should remain private confidential . A new customer must provide easily connect to network and receive an address.
    # Encryption. During their transportation over public data must be protected by a effective encryption .

Pptp is a protocol that uses a Ppp connection through a network by creating an IP virtual private network ( VPN ) . Microsoft has implemented its own algorithms to integrate it into its versions of Windows. For example, PPTP is a widely used solution in Vpn commercial products because of its integration into systems Windows OS. Pptp is a layer 2 protocol that allows data encryption and compression. Authentication is with the protocol of Microsoft MS - Chap , who after the cryptanalysis of the version 1, has publicly revealed significant flaws . Microsoft has corrected these failures and now offers two versions of MS- Chap safer. The party data encryption is performed by MPPE (Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption).

A pptp device capable of converting digital data from the computer into analog signals ( which can circulate on the telephone line modulation amplitude or frequency , the same As the voice when you use the phone ). Since only two computers are communicating and that the flow of a line phone is small compared to that of a LAN, it is necessary to use a protocol allowing communication standard between the different machines using a modem, and do not overload the line phone. These protocols are called modem protocols.

You can access a private network through the Internet or another public network using a connection to a virtual private network ( VPN ) using PPTP ( Point- to-Point Tunneling Protocol). In many cases using a PPTP VPN connection can be useful . Access to a public WiFi network : to avoid listening to the packets on the network by attacks ARP spoofing or ARP spoofing. Using a VPN server when traveling in hotels , restaurants , train station , with customers , public place , etc. . In all these cases the use becomes necessary to secure connections. The VPN will aim to encrypt packets sent and received between my computer and my VPN server . In addition , all communications are encrypted virtual private network in order to preserve the confidentiality of data. Users who do not have proper permissions to connect to the VPN server can not display the hidden server.

We will create a New Connection. To do this click on the menu Start then All Programs, Then Accessories, Communications and finally New Connection Wizard. Check box Corporate Connection ( Used to connect to a corporate network (using a visual or private network remote access ) to offer you the opportunity to work from home or other location.) Check box Virtual Private Network connection used to establish a network connection using a virtual private network ( VPN) via the Internet. We will indicated a Company Name ( For example, you can enter the name of your workplace or the name of the server you will connect ) ,You must enter Host name or IP address ( For example, microsoft.com or 157.54.0.1 ) : in our example we chose the IP VPN . Check box Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop then click End to exit the wizard .