Thread: Cannot run selinux-policy

Cannot run selinux-policy

Hello,
    I have installed Fedora core with a iso file on my computer and it works only with certain software updates and when i try to run it I get an message to verify the packages I have installed. I do not have any idea regarding this issue? If you can help me with this it would be great. Thank you.

Re: Cannot run selinux-policy

That can not be, why calls for the FC5 packages? But well, if I may give you a well-intentioned tip, let SELinux off. The installed do not even try It is only snags with the video card drivers with Samba, etc. What does the command line, so update "yum"? You may install smart views and see if it is so. But actually, a system update function properly. Do you use any special repos for yum?

Should I say remove all sellinux packages? rather ask again because I am a newbie and I do not know for what the selinux packages are there. which in turn is smart?? I have to delete the installation before? As I am a newbie Maybe I do not want all packages of se-linux unregistering and then black screen before a single commission sitting.

The packages of Selinux you need not necessarily remove it. Only you should disable the service itself. This means concretely: System> Administration> Security Level and Firewall> Selinux> Selinux setting: disabled What shows on the console, typing: "yum update"?

Yumex is a graphical frontend for yum. So every time you use yum Yumex works in the background. The whole is packaged only look nice. Thus you can not disable yum so easy. Then you'd have to grow you a new package manager. No, but seriously, if Yumex working properly, then yum is working correctly. And so it is supposed to be.