Thread: Cannot connect to WHS during pc restore

Cannot connect to WHS during pc restore

After successfully completing the WHS operation, the final thing that I can do is to restore a failed XP pro sp2 machine that is managing the corrupt registry. First I thought that there won’t be any problem for that. But the at time of restoration I received an error message that was something like this that an unknown network is occurring at the time of pc restore and you need to check the network connection that is active and also the windows home server is powered on. But the problem is that it cannot connect to WHS at the time of pc restore.

Re: Cannot connect to WHS during pc restore

I think I am also facing similar problem, the windows home server is working good. But there is no irregular display in the logs. I am able to ping the server for the other workstation and I am also able to ping the failed XP pro system. All the systems are operating in the designed workgroup and I am using D-Link router and DGS switches. But then also I am facing problem.

Well the problem that you are facing is not a big issue you can resolve that issue with an ease. As per the description that you have given you are facing the network problem. You just need to disconnect the network from internet and after that you need to try that thing again. According to me this is a name resolution problem that you are facing. I am sure after that you will not face any other problem.

I am using the Windows Home Server backup of a computer. Then, I try to restore files from the backup file. When you select a backup file, use the Windows Home Server Console, and then click Open, the Open dialog box shows the normal backup. However, when the progress indicator to open back up to about 3 percent, I am getting the error message: Unable to connect to the backup server service. Verify all services are running.

This issue occurs because of the following conditions. Another administrator has configured the Windows Home Server Connector. Computer is running Microsoft Windows XP. Another administrator has configured the Windows Home Server Connector. Computer is running Microsoft Windows XP. This problem occurs because the Windows Home Server to connect the client computer is configured to install the Windows Home Server to connect the private key. This allows Windows Home Server to verify the client computer.