Thread: Possible to map drive to server

Possible to map drive to server

I think there is not specific to windows host server really, but somewhat than create different mapped drives for each share. The thing is that there is not a way one can simply map the drive to server name. Hence all the shares are simply sub directories. If you can provide information related to that than please let me know. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Possible to map drive to server

As far as I know there is no possible technique for mapping the drive for the server UNC path. If you are mapping the drive, you can map it to the specific share. I hope you have got the answer for the problem you are facing if you have any other problem then let me know, I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

I connected a network drive U: \ from the client to a folder on my server Windows 2003 server. The problem is that my client cannot connect automatically; users are obliged to go every time in My Computer, open the drive and enter the password for access to do their work. How do my users are no longer a gym and that the player creates on the client will automatically reconnect without any further intervention?

For customers can connect to the drive automatically, you need to user profiles, a script (. Bat) example you create a script like: NET USE * / DELETE / YES, to delete the old readers. NET USE V: \ \ Serv \ Sale / PERSISTENT: NO To show the reader Sale which is in fact a shared directory on a server and domain controller. NET USE Y: \ \ Server \ Data / PERSISTENT: NO. Data to show the reader that is actually a shared directory in the server domain controller. NET USE Z: \ \ Server \ data / PERSISTENT: NO, well then, you put your script to C: \ WINDOWS \ Sysvol \ domain \ scripts it is already shared by default.

If you want to test if a user logins with his machine within a network before assigning X drives which it can connect you an idea how we can do. I thought to put a script inside the ping and server address to see if there is an answer and how to interpret it. I am looking for how to use this feature you have any suggestions.

Far be it from me to repeat a link but if you want to connect a network drive based on a range of IP is one of many possible GlobalscriptGUI. If some options: must use WMI class Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration or write a batch plant that recovers gas output IPCONFIG.EXE. I am sure that you have understood the thing that I am trying to convey.