Thread: UpNP with FiOS Actiontec router

UpNP with FiOS Actiontec router

I have configured my windows home server behind my FiOS actiontec router. The problem is that I am trying to configure windows home server with router but it is giving message that unpnp functions are not supported. Hence I have looked for the unpnp option for router, but the option given there is to publish WAN address and also publish all WAN address and the default setting that was done is only given for main address and the windows home server is not working with this configuration. Now the main question is that, is there any risk by using setting on router.

Re: UpNP with FiOS Actiontec router

I think that your router is dumped down piece of ActionTec MI-424 WR. According to me you should refer to the guides that will let you know the method for numerous ports manually. For your information the port on which you are going to forward is the port 80, this port is option but, I will highly recommend using, this port. But if you want you can use the other ports that you want.

Whenever I am trying to configure Router details I am getting these things. The first one is green, that is checking that router supports upnp standards. Second one is yellow that is configuring the router and third one is green that is checking for the availability of website on home server and the final one is red that is checking for the remote access on home server. I am using FIOS Actiontec Router.

I am not confident, but I think that Verizon blocks the port 80, I am saying this thing because I am also facing similar problem. The only difference is that I am able to do remote access but not the RD, because it is giving time error occurring. Not to mention that I have forwarded all the port to windows home server. If you have any solution for this then let me know.

I have an unusual question, and I would like it to run my two routers at the same time. Currently, I have a LinkSys WRT400N router (dual band) and two bands (the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on) are both set for WPA2 encryption. But I have two problems: the first one is that two Nintendo DS that are not only supports WPA but WEP. I sometimes have friends who come to the house, and they are not compatible with 5Ghz. But if I configure the 2.4Ghz with the WEP protocol for my friends, the router only accepts passwords HEX (eg 014842D480B571495A4A036379) which is not "user friendly". So I'd keep the 2.4Ghz as well as WPA2 and can use a "sentence". So I thinking of anyway connect my old router, DLink DIR-655, and configure it to receive only the Nintendo DS.

I suggest can some possible solutions:
    1 - Configures static IP addresses on different LAN interfaces of both routers. Example: 192.168.1.1 for the Linksys and 192.168.1.2 for the D-Link
    2 - Connect the two routers by LAN interfaces, so you'll add to your wired ports WAN interface and simplify routing between the two wireless networks
    3 - Branch internet access in the Internet or WAN port of the Linksys, with the configuration currently functional
    4 - Configure each of your wireless network to your taste
    5 - You could make the MAC Filtering on the network's wireless D-Link to allow only Nintendo DS
    I do not know how to operate the IP address assignment via DHCP on the wireless network 2. Worst scenario: configures the DHCP service on the 2 routers with identical parameters (gateway, mask, dns) but with different ranges of addresses to avoid conflicts.

It is very simple to operate! Your Linksys, you leave it as it is, it will serve as a DHCP server and router to do NAT between your private network and the Internet. Takes a computer and plug in directly on your dlink. Go to the configuration page and put it a static IP address that is on the same network as your Linksys. Then configure the wireless on it as you want to do either with WEP. You have to close the DHCP server on your dlink, otherwise you will have serious problems