Thread: Intel Pro/1000 GT periodically stops passing traffic

Intel Pro/1000 GT periodically stops passing traffic

Currently I am having computer system with AMD mother board and the Ethernet card that I am using is Intel Pro/1000 GT also known as Ethernet adaptor. The problem is that it periodically stops trafficking packets. There is no specific time period for this failure but it happens more than three times a day, the only solution that I am having is disabling the interface and then re-enabling but this only works for small span of time and after that the problem reoccurs. I do not what is causing the problem but the solution for the same.

Re: Intel Pro/1000 GT periodically stops passing traffic

The Intel Pro/1000 GT network adapter that I have is also causing the similar problem, but unusual thing is that, the adapter is connected but if I ping it is showing hundred percent loss of connection. I am facing this problem for months and till now have no solution for the same. I have tried to remove all the drivers and then again installed that but that does not solve the problem. Is there any solution for the problem that I am facing?

As you have explained the problem, is not related to operating system you are using, just for confirming, are you using server 2003 drivers for this network adapter or not. The other thing, have you tried to change the network interface card for your machine. Try these things and let me know the results you are getting for the replacements. So that, I can provide you a better solution for your problem.

Thanks for the quick response. For your information I have downloaded AllDrivers package that is provided on Intel’s official site. I am not sure that I have installed the driver for server 2003, so it will be better if you can provide any way for letting me know any method for finding out, which is the correct driver for my computer system. I have not replaced my network card because I do not have any means for doing that.

In that case the only solution I can give you is to logon to your server desktop and the check the driver version that you installed. If that is not matching with the requirement then you have to perform a search for the drivers that are compatible for your system. It will be better to use Driver Detective software for your system. It will search for all the driver that are required for your system and also install drivers that are required.

I am facing a problem of material. I have at my disposal two identical servers (Core2Duo 6300, P5B-VM and 2 network cards Intel PRO 1000 GT). I made an installation on server A, everything works very well. I'm a hard disk copy, I put the disk in the server B, I run the server and then it does not find network cards, when I do an ipconfig. I looked in the syslog I had and then I see to my surprise that eth1 and eth2 are detected (ethx: E1000_probe: Intel PRO/1000 Network Connection)

I made the manip server A and B was switched off, so there can be no conflict of IP by cons, when I do ipconfig-a, I see cards like eth4 and eth5, no traces of eth1 and eth2 do debian remembers 'ethx is associated with this Mac address' and move as they are away, the cards a Mac address different from the server A take eth4, eth5 etc.