Thread: Getting 'An unknown network error has occurred during PC Restore.'

Getting 'An unknown network error has occurred during PC Restore.'

I have some strange problem with my computer connected to Windows Home Server. After a lot of trial and error, I finally concluded that I should do System Restore. Later on I noticed that I am able to boot Windows from the CD and I was able to use System Restore. I was also able to see restore points but no matter what restore point I choose I get a message saying 'An unknown network error has occurred during PC Restore.' I have checked everything and nothing seems to be problematic. I am unable to rectify the problem and so need some help.

Re: Getting 'An unknown network error has occurred during PC Restore.'

So I think you are restoring your computer with the help of Windows Home Server. If this is the case then it is not possible to do so. The error sounds like a network error.Try using the default drivers to see if that works or just use the network driver from the USB key. Also check with the DHCP clients table on your router to make sure your computer is getting an IP address.

This problem is related to DHCP issues generated by network driver or router which is unable to provide proper IP address. All you need to do is provide the correct drivers from USB drive during the restore procedure to solve the problem. This problem may even occur if you are trying to restore from some database which is already corrupt.

I was also getting the same error message once upon a time. I was trying to recover a corrupt system drive which occurred after the cpu failed. Later on, after a lot of research, I concluded that the error occurred because the WHS backup service has stopped. After restarting the service, everything went as expected.

This is how I solved my problem. First I deleted the partition from the drive and then re-created it once again. Nothing happened. Bought a new drive, installed it. Formatted it with QUICK format. I thought this time I was done but still no go. I then changed my DHCP lease time on the DHCP server and increase the timing. And, ohh my, this solved my problem.