Thread: Wireless network icon disappeared!!

Wireless network icon disappeared!!

The reason to post here is to ask your help urgently, as my computer (Notebook Easy Note B3221, 1.6 mgz, 512 ram) from the yesterday afternoon in the taskbar icon stopped appearing wireless network is rarely thought that even before that date I navigated without any problems. After I discovered this problem I tried restarting the computer more than once to be precise about 3 times decided not to see any change so format the computer to return to the initial configuration of my computer (it has a system restore), after they said process the computer boots normally, but I notice the following message: New device found "network controller" I have visited other forums and read reviews but none gives me a clear answer. So I am expecting some help from you.!!

Re: Wireless network icon disappeared!!

I use Windows Vista. It happened to me that the wireless connection icon had disappeared from nowhere, but the internet was working properly. So I went with the pointer to the taskbar and I clicked the right button of mouse, gave him the option to PROPERTIES, then select the Notification Area tab where it says "system icons" and select Network Now returned to receive the wireless connection icon. I hope this solution will help.

You're connected via Wifi? Or do not have wireless connection? If you're online, try this:
    • Home> Control Panel> Network Connections> right click Wireless Connection> Properties> General tab> check the box Show icon in notification area when connected.

Ethernet controller question appears you yellow for cable connection. If you have no connection, give this data to your PC and try to find the drivers:
    • Tell us if a laptop or desktop.
    • If notebook PC brand and model.
    • If desktop, name of your motherboard.
    If you do not know what your Mother, Everest can help.

In your Device Manager are several with the question, download and install the orders which I describe below, from the MSI website :
    • 3/4/5 INF Drivers for Intel Chipsets (SM Bus Controller)
    • Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Drivers (Ethernet Controller)
    • Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (audio device on high definition audio bus)

Once installed, restart your computer (important). I think that this might help you.

For the problem of wireless network icon, try performing these steps:
    1. Open Start> Run> type regsvr32 Netshell.dll> press Enter> Accept the dialog box that appears.
    2. Open Start> Run> type regsvr32 Netcfgx.dll> press Enter> Accept the dialog box that appears.
    3. Open Start> Run> type regsvr32 Netman.dll> press Enter> Accept the dialog box that appears.
    4. Reboot the system again.

After rebooting, see if Network Connections appears you have wireless and if you can see the icon. If it does not work, give us more information about that modem or wireless card Discus Multiplay AG, and see what can be done. Perhaps Windows is recognizing the modem as a local area connection and so no icon appears.