Thread: File Conflict Error Messages and PP1

File Conflict Error Messages and PP1

I have WHS setup with PP1. I have recently deleted some files because they were infect from some virus and was affecting my system performance. But now my WHS is giving error messages saying there are some file conflicts. If I go to the same location from where I have previously deleted the files, I can see those files listed. I think this is where conflict is occurring. But I am not allowed to delete that file.

Re: File Conflict Error Messages and PP1

This time of problem occurs if the file is open by some other process or user. Close it and let the Drive Extender (DE) migrator process duplicate it. It can also occur if the file is located in a shared folder and the folder is in access. Stop them and see if that works.

You may notice some file conflict error message and in some cases you may even notice messages like "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". These messages occurs when the Windows Home Server has discovered a hard drive with bad sectors. To resolve this problem, try to run a full surface scan of the hard drives in your home server. For this you may use chkdsk command.

I think your system drive is dead. But before confirming use some hard disk utility to fix the problem. If nothing solves the problem then visit the manufacturer website to see if their are any driver software that you need to install. If still no go then try to replace the drive and see if that works. Make sure you backup your drive data before you replace it with a new one.