Thread: Network icon wrong when connected with Windows 7

Network icon wrong when connected with Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 64 bit system. I am connected to internet and I found that my network icon does not shows any connect is connected. There is small icon on the system tray does not detect any network. I had connected the same cable to my laptop and checked it is working there. I found that the issue occurs due to WMI tool. I need some help regarding this service. For what it is used for.

Re: Network icon wrong when connected with Windows 7

Try to access the same in safe mode. It works most of the time. If you still not able to access the same then you might need to work with the network permission. There might be incorrect permission settings. The other reason can be that wmi control might not be working properly. You must ensure that all the stuff related to your network must function properly.

Right click on My computer and then click on Manage. Then you have to go in System Tools. In that double click on the local users and groups. Once done then click on Groups and right click on the administrator. Now add as group and then click on advance. Now click on find now and double click on Local services. Then give OK and note one down you will need to disable the security software.

Windows an option to monitor services running at startup. Many of these services are useless and waste of memory. First, go to the Control Panel. Click on the icon Administrative Tools, then click on the services. For each service that I will list then you double click on it. A window opens that contains the properties of the selected service. Disable unnecessary startup items from here and check your network service is activated or not.

Management infrastructure in Windows that supports monitoring and controlling resource in a common set of interfaces and provides a logically organized and coherent model of operations, configurations, reports of Windows. It allows scripts such as VBScript to manage Microsoft Windows locally or remotely. Thanks to the WMI component of Windows System Properties may display the properties of the system on a remote computer or local.

The WMI Control tool (Windows Management Instrumentation) allows you to configure WMI on a remote computer or local computer. Use the WMI Control to set permissions for the benefit of users and groups allowed, enable or disable error logging, save storage space and perform other configuration tasks. The WMI will inform you of network failures, failures of windows services.

Click on network connections and then right-click the connection. After that go to advanced settings. From here you can adjust the settings and then configure network from here. It is possible that a system restore the repaired fairly easily. Click on cmd and then type : net stop winmgmt. After that go in Windows \ system32 \ wbem. Remove a directory named Repository. Then retype command : net start winmgmt.