Thread: Cannot Get Access from Windows 7 To Share files on Vista

Cannot Get Access from Windows 7 To Share files on Vista

I have comprise and tried getting have right of entry to files I encompass shared on my Windows vista apparatus from my Windows 7 and I seem not competent to do so, on the other hand, I be able to be capable to get have right of entry from my Vista apparatus to shared files on Windows 7 by means of no tribulations. The settings are accurate the tribulations is when I try to have right of entry files from Win 7 to vista it asks for user name and password of a domain and my systems are not in a domain they are in a Workgroup.

Re: Cannot Get Access from Windows 7 To Share files on Vista

The Microsoft Windows Vista has completed some significant changes to the method that file and printer sharing runs. This article illustrate the revolutionize and provides step-by-step instructions for sharing files and printers and concerning to shared files and printers from a system working with Windows Vista for a diminutive office or home office network that does not utilize the Active Directory domain service. The defaulting workgroup name in Windows Vista has been misrepresented to workgroup. In Windows XP Home Edition, the defaulting workgroup name is MSHOME. If you upgrading a system working with Windows XP Home Edition to Windows Vista, it determine to maintain its existing workgroup name. On the other hand, innovative computers by means of Windows Vista be able to have a dissimilar workgroup name than the additional systems on your network. By means of dissimilar workgroups, it takes additional time and effort to view the entire of the systems on the network.

Windows Vista uses the unrestricted folder, to a certain extent than the Shared Documents folder in Windows XP, to make simpler file sharing. By means of Public folder sharing facilitated, the public folders and the entire of the folders within the Public folder are mechanically shared by means of the name Public. You do not encompass to configure file sharing on disconnect folders. You basically have to moreover move or copy the file or folder you desire to share on the network to the Public folder. Windows Vista by defaulting does not permit simple file sharing. To have right of entry to shared folders, containing the public folder (if shared), requires a user name and password. Straightforward file sharing is enabled by defaulting in Windows XP Home Edition.

If you are configuring file and printer sharing performance in Windows Vista consists of the subsequent: Setting the workgroup name to be the similar as the additional systems Setting the network position type Enabling file and printer sharing alternatives. For easier and faster discovery of systems on your home network, it is highly suggested that the entire systems on a home network be configured for the similar workgroup name. If systems are in multiple workgroups, it be able to take supplementary time and effort to discover the entire of the systems on the network. To locate out the existing workgroup name for a system working with Windows XP, do the subsequent: In this you have to hit it off Start, right hit it off My Computer, and then you have to hit it off Properties. In the System Properties dialog box, subsequent to that you have to hit it off the Computer Name tab and note the name of the workgroup.

The workgroup name in Windows Vista at the time of arrangement you have to arrange the name for the system you are working with Windows Vista: In the Computer name, domain, and workgroup location segment of the System window, after that you have to hit it off Change location. On the Computer Name tab of the System Properties dialog box, hit it off Change. In the Computer Name/Domain modify dialog box, type the name of the workgroup being used by the additional computers on your network in Workgroup, and then hit it off OK. When you are encouraged by means of a welcome communication box, in this you have to hit it off OK. When encouraged by means of a communication box to restart your system, and hit it off OK. At the end you have to Close. When prompted to restart the system, select the option Restart immediately.

The network position kind in Windows Vista is a setting that permits Windows Vista to mechanically configure sanctuary and additional settings based on the type of network to which the system is associated. The Windows Vista network settings types are the subsequent: Domain The system is associated to a network that includes an Active Directory domain controller for the domain to which the system is joined. An illustration a domain network type is an association intranet. Public the system is associated to a network that has a direct correlation to the Internet. Illustrations of public network types are public Internet have right or entry networks such as those found in airports, libraries, and coffee shops. Private the system is associated to a network that has some level of fortification from the Internet and includes known or trusted systems. For illustrations of private network types are home networks or diminutive office networks that are position behind an Internet gateway apparatus that provides firewalling in opposition to incoming traffic from the Internet.