Thread: Multiple Computers Running VPN Server Behind Router?

Multiple Computers Running VPN Server Behind Router?

I am having clear idea that VPN port is 1723 and it cannot be altered. In my offices I am having more than nine computers and every computer is having remote desktop access setup from the port that is forwarding and then it is configured by the router. The problem is that I am not able to alter settings in the router till computer is set to on port 1723. The thing I want to know is there any method to make VPN work through the client by utilizing the non-standard port number.

Re: Multiple Computers Running VPN Server Behind Router?

As far as I know VPN is not designed to work in that way. If you don’t can you answer me that what is requirement of setting the VPN connection to more than one computer? Basically you will definitely have only one VPN server and all the inward connection will definitely connection to only one server, and if you are connected then it will provide access to internal network.

I worked to connect a Linksys RV042 over a VPN to my office. I have successfully installed a VPN link among my Linksys RV042 for my 515 to my office. My link is a link of DLS is configured for dynamic IP. Static IP addresses will cost $ 100 more per location per month, and I have over the 100 locations. Thus, it is dynamic. I watched the IP address and my IP address changes indeed. So that is my first challenge to get my VPN link to work in a dynamic configuration of IP. I know it can be done using DDNS, but I also encountered another problem.

Dr. V Guest

The DSL modem connects to the supplier and it has a public announcement on it is outside address. It then performs the NAT IP address and provides private Class C devices on the I / F. inside. Thus RV042 will then receive an address like 192.168.1.100. Naturally you cannot establish a VPN connection in this configuration. Is there any way to get my RV042 to establish a VPN connection behind this transition 2Wire Router 1070 DSL passage?

I am also having similar issue; I have connected my laptop to the 2Wire DSL router. I have successfully established a VPN link from my laptop to my 515 using the Cisco VPN client. Are there any issues connecting my PC over the DSL link with the VPN client. I will have 100 places, but they should only connect periodically to update a position. Can I set up the network using just the Cisco VPN client? Also, is there a way to initiate the client without user intervention?

First off, I recommend placing the 2Wire to bridging mode, you can see how here: the target = "_blank" And then you should just enable PPPoE on the RV042, and enter the username and password for your ISP. The dynamic addresses will be a bit of a hassle though, because even DDNS is not an immediate update, however, the downtime should probably be minimal when the IP address exchange. You could always be matched with the Cisco VPN client; however I think if you can get the router operating system that would be a lot softer and require less user intervention.

I want to create a small VPN (I use currently assistant windows). I installed my incoming connection (server side) and my VPN client. The problem is that my server is behind my router. My server did not, therefore, public, and I do not know how to specify my router (netgear) how to map information. Also I had no configuration on the ports to open (or spend) for tunneling VPN. I understand that it is related to something with DynDNS but I do not know what!