Thread: How to change Local Area Connection from Public to Home Group

How to change Local Area Connection from Public to Home Group

I am running Windows 7 on my computer which was installed recently. But the problem is I want to bring my computer from public to home group. The connection seems to be proper but I am unable to configure my Local Area Connection from public to home group. I research a lot in this matter but this doesn't worked at all. Can you help me?

Re: How to change Local Area Connection from Public to Home Group

Open Network and Sharing Center. Under "view your active networks" will be your current network connection. Click "Public network" link, and the "choose a network type" window will open up. Make your selection and click OK.

Go to Device Manager and disable all of your unused network adapters. Also disable firewall on your computer and router. Install your NIC driver. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Set the connection to obtain an IP address automatically. For this, click "Start", type "NCPA.CPL" in the Search box and press "Enter". Right-click on the network connection and select "Properties". You may be asked for the admin password over here, don't worry and provide the necessary details. Navigate to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties". Select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Press Enter to apply changes. Navigate to "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties". Select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Press Enter to apply changes. Restart your computer for changes to take effect.

Go to Start, Control Panel, Network And Internet, Network And Sharing Center, HomeGroup, Advance Sharing Setting. Here you will find two types: "Home to work" and "Public". Under "Home to work", select "Turn on Network Discovery", "Turn on file and printer sharing", "Turn on public folder sharing.....", "Enable file sharing for device........", "Allow windows to manage.....". Save changes and restart your computer.