Thread: VPN Error 807 when connecting to established VPN using Windows 7. Works with Windows XP on same setup

VPN Error 807 when connecting to established VPN using Windows 7. Works with Windows XP on same setup

In my system I am trying to make a VPN server (PPTP) in Windows 2003 server standard edition. In my system the users can only connect locally and they cannot connect from outside. I had allowed incoming connections and put my server in the DMZ and activate PPTP Passthrough on my router. But sitll the system hangs and give the error 807. Whey this happened here.

Re: VPN Error 807 when connecting to established VPN using Windows 7. Works with Windows XP on same setup

The Error code 807 states that the there is some issue between the connection of your system and vpn server. This may occur because of a transmission problem and usually results VPN latency of the Internet or simply because the VPN server has reached its maximum capacity. Try to reconnect to the VPN server. If the problem persists, contact the VPN administrator and analyze the quality of network connection.

Re: VPN Error 807 when connecting to established VPN using Windows 7. Works with Windows XP on same setup

There is a similar error Error Code 806. This codes states that the connection between your vpn server and the system is properly established but the VPN connection could not be maintained. This typically occurs when an Internet device the firewall or router, for example between the VPN server and VPN client is not configured to allow GRE packets.

This is probably the VPN server is bad especially if you play Internet traffic is important so the server disconnects (intentionally or not) the session. If I understand correctly, you connect to happen to you then it disconnects itself right. I am connected to the internet in a residence and able to do other things on the net. I had paid for the subscription for month and now this is not working.

I have windows 2003 server. I could connect servers overseas remote VPN connection to the use. I had no problem yesterday but today when I tried to connect me, I continued to receive the error message. The error was 806 stating that the connection from your computer and VPN server has been established, but the VPN connection can not be done. I had change nothing here which can cause the issue.

I created a VPN server in Windows 2003 for a small business. I had did my local testing and everything works for the best mode L2TP at maximum security and PPTP. Then I wanted to do my tests the same from outside but nothing worked here. After several searches on the net, I found problem was with the Livebox who did not make the VPN pass through. I had immediately swapped for my Livebox modem / router to a compatible one and it is working now.

I regularly find this error message on my system. Check your Internet connection. There is a strong chance that your connection is not active. If your connection is active and functional, an overload of traffic may be the cause of this error. Similarly, after several login / logout, this message can also appear. This can be also due to firewall issue on your system. Stop personal firewall and then check back.

Muses

I had read your forum on Windows 7 with opengl? (CS 1.6)

I am having the exact problem you were having.
    If you have got the solution to that problem please help me out too.
    I am not able to play CS 1.6 now after installing win 7
    I am frustrated enough due to that problem .
    Please help!!!

The problem comes from a service manager windows seven multimedia tasks. Disable it. That is how those who do not know:
    Start -> Type services.msc in the search bar -> open services.
    Right click on MULTIMEDIA CLASS PLANNER -> properties -> select "disabled" in the dropdown menu. There remains a problem, the service manager in windows sound depends on that you just disable. So you'll have no sound. Here is how to fix this problem:
    Start -> type regedit and open regedit.
    Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Audiosrv
    On the right you will see "DependOnService" -> double-click on it.
    Delete this line from the list: "MMCSS"
    Restart your computer.