Thread: Removing antimalware doctor

Removing antimalware doctor

Accidently my brother has installed Antimalware Doctor in my my system. I am using Windows 7 with a free version of AVG. I don't know how this fake antivirius got installed in my system. It keeps giving me virus warnings and try to fool by a trust scan mechanism every time I start. But this time my brother clicked and he installed it in my system. Now my pc has become extremely slow. How to remove this.

Re: Removing antimalware doctor

You must have avoid that because it is not easy to remove such fake antivirus out. This is really very risk and if nothing worked here then you will need to format your computer. Go to Start > Control panel and then click on Uninstall Program. Find malware tool there and remove it. Scan your system in safe mode. Restart your pc and run a full system scan. Use Malwarebyte.

First do this turn off your restore program. Because it is possible that by restoring the system can bring back the virus. Download rkill and run it. This tool will kill all the current running operations in your system. Then download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware whichis recommended best for deteling such fake antivirus. Scan in safe mode which will be better.

Although it is possible to manually remove AntiMalware Doctor but such activity can damage your system. You can by mistake remove system files by which your system can become unsatble. So for that manual spyware removal is quiet proper but the same is set reserved for experienced users. For other users it is recommended using automatic spyware removal applications like malwarebytes. In task manager stop the antivirus process which looks like antimalware_doctore.exe, antimalware.exe, etc. Boot in safe mode and scan.

If you have Antimalware Virus Doctor on your system then your system is already infected with an annoying fake antivirus. It will tempt you to click for unlocking Full Version button. Don't buy that. This badware has no real full version and its pop-ups will keep on coming until you remove it from your computer. First stop Anti-malware processes Doctor Antimalware Doctor.exe from the task manager. Then boot in safe mode and run CCleaner.

Click on Start > Run and type regedit. Then navigate to the following path and then delete all the files. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Antimalware Doctor Inc \ Antimalware Doctor. Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ Antimalware Doctor and the last one is HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run Antimalware Doctor.exe.

Try to search for this two files in your system and delete them. The first is enemies names.txt and Antimalware Doctor.exe. I am not sure about the location but this files are located somewhere in your hard drive. They can be in Document and settings. Then run CCleaner to remove all the pending keys of the files and other software also. It will speed up your system back.