Thread: How to see details of all threats found in a scan

How to see details of all threats found in a scan

I have just installed windows 7 on my system which prompted me to install the Microsoft security essential on my system i am not very much familiar about this application can anyone tell me where will i get to see details of all threats found in a scan. Because i can see the files infected but it smashes on the microsoft security essential window and disappears as new files are detected. please help me.

Re: How to see details of all threats found in a scan

As soon as installation is complete Security Essentials Microsoft will update its database of virus definitions and malware, the system (in Windows 7) detects that the software is not updated. It shows, moreover, by an orange bar that the protection of the PC is not optimal. You can view all the information about the infected file in the history after Microsoft Security Essential finishes the scan.

i think that you wanted to check the log files of the scan which are done on your system and you can do this by simply go to the location or browser to the path which i have mentioned below:

C:\Program files\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Support

On this location you will get to all the details of the infectious files hope that this will help you for sure.

The above mentioned path will only provide the details of the files which are infected or malicious and if the information provided by the above link is not sufficient then i would advice you to browse to the following location C:\Program files\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Essentials\Support
    This file will provide you all the install log and upgrade log, etc.

Unable to completely uninstall microsoft security essentials panel on configuration. whenever i click the remove button nothing happens except an error code 0 80070715 after which i had to perform a forced shut down on my system can anyone tell me how do i get rid of this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

I will advice you to get this application removed from your system using an uninstaller application like the Revo uninstaller or the Revo uninstaller. Can you tell me whether or not it is possible to get rid of the Microsoft security Essential in the safe mode. If you have not tried this yet then i would suggest you to use the Revo uninstaller.