Thread: How to get rid of Total PC Defender rogue anti spyware

How to get rid of Total PC Defender rogue anti spyware

I have installed Windows XP on my computer system and since i have installed this OS from my friend's CD, My system have started giving this messages. Actually there is some Total PC Defender about which i have searched and found that it is rogue antivirus software. So an infection found by this software are also no there on my pc. But i am not able to remove this messages from my pc as i have got frustrated by them. Please help me to get rid of Total PC Defender anyhow.

Re: How to get rid of Total PC Defender rogue anti spyware

Total PC Defender is a rogue anti virus software which you may say that as a virus as it forces you to get the full version of that software. But the problem is that even after paying for the full version, You get nothing. So i suggest you to never click on the pop up shown by this software in order to solve the problem. It might happen that your system gets more infected.

This kind of fake antivirus software has very much strong scripts running which directly make changes in the Registry values of your operating system so that that your windows considers this software as a genuine software and hence no other security software can detect it as a malicious file on your system. You might have to format your system in order to get rid of it.

I think you should try removing this virus by using the boot scan of an Avast which scan your system at the time of booting. So it wont be giving any chance to the malicious process to recreate its file and functions. Once you have removed this file from the registry then there wont be anymore pop ups annoying you. Click on an AVAST to download it.

As your system have started showing these pop ups since you have installed Windows XP from your friend's CD then it might happen that the Windows XP from where you have installed might be infected by this virus due to which your whole system have got infected. I suggest you to reinstall the same operating system but from some other source and then there should not be any such viruses on your system.

If your antivirus can detect the viruses on your system and it is not removing those detected viruses then i think it would be possible to remove the viruses by using the same software. Actually your anti virus software would be needing an update for removing the latest viruses so you should update the version of your Anti Virus Software.