Thread: klnagent.exe (Network Agent) 99% CPU usage

klnagent.exe (Network Agent) 99% CPU usage

I am running Kaspersky Network Agent Service on my computer. So I have noticed klnagent.exe running on my computer continuously. Now the problem arises when it uses 99% of CPU. This affects my computer performance a lot. However if I stop this service, I don't have any problem. However if I uninstall it and reinstall it, I have the same problem once again. I even tried to upgrade the Kaspersky Network Agent but no improvements. Do you know what is the actual problem behind this? Please help!

Re: klnagent.exe (Network Agent) 99% CPU usage

It is difficult to explain the actual problem. However, can you send us the trace report by turning on Network Agent tracing and then running file 'trace-4-nagent.reg'. You can PM me the log file that is generated at the end.

It would seem to you strange but the Kaspersky Antivirus thinks that klnagent.exe may be performing some illegal activity and so it has stopped it for the meantime and is asking for my approval to allow it. However I have sent you the PM. Just check it and let me explain the things.

I don't think there is any relation between the two. However according to the files that you have sent, it seems to me klnagent.exe results in high load in kernel mode during the process of network calls. Are you using some software to control the network? Did you tried to stop it?

No, there is no such software. But we have a third-party firewall that was installed by our admin to control the http requests. Do you think it is affecting the klnagent.exe operations? I will try to stop it and see if there is any cpu gain.

Yes it may affect a lot. Basically klnagent.exe is not getting the accurate response from the network and so it is consuming the system resources a lot. It is multiplying its operations and thus slows down your computer. If you don't require it now and if possible uninstall it and I am sure you will see a lot of improvement in the CPU usage.