Thread: 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus

'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus

I have bought a new HP laptop, that is running the Windows 7 operating system. I was searching for a security tool that will protect my system from any threats, when I came across this antivirus called as Kaspersky. Well, I have installed it in my system and one of my friends who uses this tool has told me that the 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus. She was telling that it is actually a menu route. Where can I find the same. Please help as soon as possible.

Re: 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus

Since you are working with Windows 7, it is required that first of all you must check out if Kaspersky is compatible with this particular operating system or not. There are many known incompatibilities between many other softwares and applications and Windows 7. You can check out the same using the hardware and software evaluation wizard. You will get a list of all the installed components in your system. If this antivirus is listed among the incompatibilities, then there is nothing that can be done.

All the newly released applications and softwares are seen to work fine in the Windows 7 operating system. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Kaspersky. This is because the older version has problems like the 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus. You can try running the antivirus in the compatibility mode. If this does not work even, then switch to AVG because it supports Windows 7 totally with no missing features.

'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus is a known problem that the antivirus has with Windows 7. Another problem is that various Keyboard shortcuts do not work. According to me, Kaspersky antivirus will not help you to keep the system well protected.

If you are searching for a good antivirus, then you must try using the Avast antivirus. This is because I can assure you that your computer will be protected, if you keep the database of the antivirus well updated.

It also comes with an additional feature of boot scan, that runs before the operating system is started. This is a scan that takes place when the infections are inactive.

I have already got rid of this security tool because I was having a great headache for removing the incompatibility problems like 'Kaspersky Anti-Virus' window is missing from menus, that it has with the Windows 7 operating system. As suggested in the above reply, I have switched to Avast antivirus. It is far more better than Kaspersky.