Thread: KIS 2011 Custom Install

KIS 2011 Custom Install

I would like to know whether it is possible to perform a custom installation of the Kaspersky Internet Security. Since some of its components are hindering me in my work. Components like the anti banner and anti spam are installed which i do not want to install. but when i disable the components my computer security is at risk which is annoying. Please help.

Re: KIS 2011 Custom Install

The custom installtion feature allows you to install selected components only components which are unwanted are not installed on your system. But to avail this installation you need to know all the components very well and also you should know how to install the components when you need them after few days and hence i would advice you to use the recommended installation.

For custom installation of the application i would advice to uninstall the application on your system and then reinstall it once again since this will help you to resolve the whole issue. when you install it again simply click the custom radio button and then select select the components which you need to install and unselect the unwanted components hope this will resolve the whole issue.

Custom installation does not comes handy becasuse if you are using a service which is paid and if you do not use all the security features as you have mentioned that your security icon on the desktop becomes orange coloured and also you get security alert. So i would suggest you to get the application installed with all the features.

1) KIS / KAV 2011 will not install custom components. When you select the cusomt install feature while installing Kaspersky for the first time.
    2) In version 2011, anti-phishing technology improves (so-called "WMUF"), to detect links unreliable after information from KSN.
    3) In the antivirus update categorization of web sites and ftp traffic check. The parental control feature will be expanded.
    Note: this may affect your system security

I have recently purchased a new desktop computer. I have been planning to purchase a new antivirus application and i am looking forward to install the Kaspersky antivirus application can you tell me whether the kaspersky installation can be installed without any sort of error. Also if possible please provide some features of this application. Please help me soon.

Kaspersky antivirus is a comprehensive great importance since it is excellent both for the analysis of infected items searches as in the detection of viruses trying to enter your PC. Its main highlights are The best protection cons malware easy to use interface. Protection against riskware Dual Protection for email.