Thread: Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off, System Restore will not allow prior dates

Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off, System Restore will not allow prior dates

My computer is running the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system along with the McAfee antivirus. Well, I am encountering an unusual problem with the antivirus that the Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off. I have to start it again when I restart the system everytime.

Another problematic situation that I am facing is that the System Restore will not allow prior dates. So, I am not able to understand what is the use of this option of restore.

All possible comments and suggestions to eradicate this issue are very much appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off, System Restore will not allow prior dates

The problems that the Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off and System Restore will not allow prior dates are clearly the symptoms of malicious programs in your system. Uninstall this antivirus that you are using and install the latest version of Avast. Go to the option of boot scan in this antivirus. It will remove infections, if any from your system.

Re: Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off, System Restore will not allow prior dates

A probable situation that is causing the issue that the Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off is the setting of the antivirus. Check out if there is any setting that asks for the real time scanning to be automatic after the system startup or to be manual. If there is such a setting, then it will be set to manual because of which such problems are occurring. Changing the option to automatic will hopefully solve the issue.

The particular infection that has entered your system has surely taken over the registry and other system settings. This is leading to the problem that the System Restore will not allow prior dates. Anyways, if the antivirus is not able to remove the infections from the system, then there is nothing that can be done. The probable solution is to format the computer as soon as possible. Do not repair the older system, but install a fresh copy after format. Repairing will keep the infections in the computer.

You are using McAfee in your system which is not a recommended antivirus for the removal of dangerous infections. This is why you are not able to remove any of the threats from the system. Also, there are some malicious activities that are going on within the system.

My suggestion is to install AVG antivirus, since it will help you for the removal of trojans, worms and all sorts of viruses. Running a complete system scan will show you the infections in the antivirus interface. Delete all of them from there itself.

I have faced a similar situation like yours. The Real Time McAfee VirusScan keeps turning off and the System Restore will not allow prior dates. There is a simple solution that can be implemented to resolve this problem. When you start the computer, press F8 before the operating system is loaded. The boot menu with various options will appear. Here, select the safe mode. After loading into this mode, scan the system manually with whatever antivirus that you have. The infections cannot execute in this mode and hence, they will be removed completely.

I think that infections had entered into my system and thus System Restore was not able to allow prior dates. Anyways, I have formatted the system and installed Spyware Doctor because I am not happy with McAfee, as it has already irritated me by causing this amount of trouble. Well, now the option for the restore is working without any problems.