Thread: ndis.sys file corrupt and cannot replace it without blue screening

ndis.sys file corrupt and cannot replace it without blue screening

I have got attacked by the reader_s.exe virus which i have removed with the lots of tools. After that when i am starting the computer of mine i am getting blue screen error which is related to ndis.sys file corrupt and cannot replace it without blue screening. The file size in Windows is showing as 80 kb and it has to be 179kb. So please help me to get rid of this issue.

Re: ndis.sys file corrupt and cannot replace it without blue screening

As you have discussed that your computer was infected with the reader_s.exe virus then let me tell you this is a nastiest infection for the computer which can not be removed easily. This infection corrupt all the system file which causes the system Blue Screen. You are also going through the same virus. Make sure that you have deleted it from the system.

This is the associated with the Virut virus which is very hard to delete. As it infect more system by running the exe file. When you try to run any exe file this virus runs with the same and create more infection and cause the system more trouble. This is why this is known as powerful virus which is very difficult to delete.

If your system is infected and not booting up properly then let me tell you that you might be missing the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS" from registry editor. All you have to do is to use the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 and create the entry for same. Which will resolve the issue with the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
    If your system is infected and not booting up properly then let me tell you that you might be missing the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS" from registry editor. All you have to do is to use the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 and create the entry for same. Which will resolve the issue with the same.
    Thanks for then reply but as you have suggested me to perform the creation of the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS" entry so let me tell you that i am not aware of the creation of it. So if you can then please let me know what entry to create. A help may be appreciated.

Yes i forgot to mention the entries but anyways check out the below give entry and go with the same to edit the registry entry.
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS]
    "DisplayName"="NDIS System Driver"
    "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
    "Group"="NDIS Wrapper"
    "Start"=dword:00000000
    "Type"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS\MediaTypes]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS\Parameters]
    "ProcessorAffinityMask"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDIS\Enum]
    "0"="Root\\LEGACY_NDIS\\0000"
    "Count"=dword:00000001
    "NextInstance"=dword:00000001

First of all thanks a lot for helping out with the issue of mine i.e. ndis.sys file corrupt and cannot replace it without blue screening. I have gone through the replies of yours and let me tell you that it is working for me. Now i can work with the system of mine without having any issue. Will update this thread if found any more problem.

This also worked for me. After reading that replacing the ndis.sys file worked for everyone else, I was still having trouble. My computer wold only boot in safe mode with the new ndis.sys file. After realizing these registry keys were missing, I manually punched them in and the computer is back to normal. Thanks for the help.