Thread: How to recover Internet Explorer Hijacking

How to recover Internet Explorer Hijacking

I am taken with the following home page in IE7 go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID[/url] =***** where the asterisks are numbers that change every time. My personal web site address is entered yet in Tools / Options / General home and default. A scan of my system with nod32, ad-aware, Spyware Terminator and malwarebytes anti-malware found nothing. Assistance will be appreciated so that i can get rid of Internet Explorer Hijacking.

Re: How to recover Internet Explorer Hijacking

You have to change your default search engine or install the following messenger, and search box. Open the browser and then in the menu bar you go into Tools / Internet Options / General Tab / search parameters / search / select in one of your choice or look for another option thanks to "look for other engines Research "at the bottom left in blue writing. Make this your default engine and close the page.

In IE7 Tools / Internet Options / tab "General" research / settings / search engine, I selected Google. However, by clicking "search other search engines" at the bottom in blue, the address http:// go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID =***** has started and led at:

http:// ww.microsoft.com/windows/ie/searchguide/en-en/default.mspx?dcsref=http:// runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

The page entitled "Add Search Providers to Internet Explorer. I only looked at the page but there is Google and other engines on this page. Is it enough to select this page for Google to get rid of this address hijacking.

Once the download is complete, a window appears:
    1. In Internet Explorer Click on execute
    2. A window appears on the screen.
    3. Then click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile"
    4. The scan is then very quickly, then a notepad will appear (the "logfile")
    5. Post the log file here so that wen can provide you a solution.

If you still face problem then i would suggest you to refer http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=1029054

I think you should try to get rid of this Hijacking by installing a Good antiovirus application like the Microsoft Security Essential this application will definitely help you to cope with this hijacking. After installing the Microsoft Security Essential on your system remember to update the application before scanning it. Delete all the threats which are found finally change the home page of your browser from tools internet options.

HijackThis should only be used in case your browser or your computer continues to have problems after running Spybot-S & D or other cleaner Spyware (Spyware) / Pirates (hijackers). HijackThis is an advanced tool, and therefore it requires extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems in general. If you delete items that appear, without knowing what they are, it can cause other problems such as losing your Internet connection or problems with the operation of Windows itself.

HijackThis should only be used in case your browser or your computer continues to have problems after running Spybot-S & D or other cleaner Spyware (Spyware) / Pirates (hijackers). HijackThis is an advanced tool, and therefore it requires extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems in general. If you delete items that appear, without knowing what they are, it can cause other problems such as losing your Internet connection or problems with the operation of Windows itself.